Bobby Labonte Sig. Series GN

87Turbo-TWE4

I was looking at GN's on ebay and found one that is a Bobby Labonte Signature Series car. The only thing different about it was that it had the Sig. Series plate below the intercooled emblem. Anybody know anything about these?

WOW, this is the third one I have heard about... Mine was the first then someone mentioned one a few years back here...

When I got my first GN, #1 I call it:D, it had the same stickers. They were clear with white writing if I remember right. I was young and it wasn't cool so I pulled them off:eek: and trashed them when I had it repainted, on BUICKS DIME;)

I have discussed it with Bweavy and a few others before. It was probably a local dealership add on. I know my car came from a BIG Buick dealership in Greensboro NC that sponsored Labonte. So I feel 99.9% sure that is the deal...

Have you got pics? That sure would bring back some memories from me:biggrin:

i didn't even know that Bobby Labonte was racing back in '87- let alone a big enough deal to get a sticker with his name put on cars..

I believe sgrim is right. It appears that these were used by dealerships in NC and in the South. According to Wikipedia he was driving late model cars in 87 before going to the Busch series.

I "thought" mine was a little different than that. It has been 18yrs to;) I guess I was too dumb to take pictures of it, of course a polaroid was techy back then so;)

There was a thread on here one time about it and I "think" someone may have mentioned the dealers name too, Greensboro NC I feel pretty sure....

High Point North Carolina Scott Garten Buick where I bought Bobby Labonte Signature Edition ... Still have it today 24 Feb 2023 6,XXX miles.

High Point North Carolina Scott Garten Buick where I bought Bobby Labonte Signature Edition ... Still have it today 24 Feb 2023 6,XXX miles.
Bought my very first GN there in 88. It had been crashed and repaired. Getting them to buy it back was nearly a disaster for me. I remember seeing a Bobby Labonte signature car in the showroom. They had a GNX too. Stickered at $33,xxx

Bought my very first GN there in 88. It had been crashed and repaired. Getting them to buy it back was nearly a disaster for me. I remember seeing a Bobby Labonte signature car in the showroom. They had a GNX too. Stickered at $33,xxx
No doubt.. I remember you had to go in the back room with several dudes to "work it out"

I could have bought a GNX for 28k brand new, I should have, but I would have to sell mine at the time and didn't think I could have sold in time..