bobby don's D/R TR

BAGN said:
Define the word "hook"! I think with the power "FEAR" is making, we'd have a better chance of getting Captin Hook from Peter Pan to showing up to the track! :biggrin:
CC
Thats funny man, but true. Lets see if we can get er to skate alittle bit on Friday ;)

i'll be back!

whats up guys? brad t. told me people were talking about me here on the board so thought i'd drop in an say hello.thing are so HOT :biggrin: here in southern il. its not funny.l.c. & c.c. are working real hard trying to get my outlaw drag radial 1987 turbo-t ready for some racing action.(i haven't sat in the seat in 10 months) car is makeing alot of power! just can;t get it down the track :mad: lots of elec.problems were goining to a stand alone harness with the big stuff hopeing that will get rid og the elec. gremlims :confused: also had tire issues rubing,etc. got all that fixed.l.c. tested car last week end when he shifted to second gear car out totally out of shape :eek: not once but twice it scared the hell out of him :biggrin: l.c. can drive ,but not easy to do goining sideways huh lc?were getting closer to being ready though should be interesting car is makeing close to 1000 hp @ rw :) all aluminum t/a block sheet metal intake all stage 2 stuff,neal chance conv.5400
this sucker should fly once we get it goining straight and and no elec.bugs
guess i'll go for now buick racers,be safe out there :wink: and keep,um between the walls ok?
see ya,

bobby don
(the old man with the slo buicks)

1987 turbo-t
9.93 @137 mph (got it off the wall on that run :eek: ) old motor!
1987 gn (category 6) #1 qualifer 2006 buick **** nats
8.13 @ 167 mph (had alot left) :cool:
i'll be back boys

turbo-t said:
whats up guys? brad t. told me people were talking about me here on the board so thought i'd drop in an say hello.thing are so HOT :biggrin: here in southern il. its not funny.l.c. & c.c. are working real hard trying to get my outlaw drag radial 1987 turbo-t ready for some racing action.(i haven't sat in the seat in 10 months) car is makeing alot of power! just can;t get it down the track :mad: lots of elec.problems were goining to a stand alone harness with the big stuff hopeing that will get rid og the elec. gremlims :confused: also had tire issues rubing,etc. got all that fixed.l.c. tested car last week end when he shifted to second gear car out totally out of shape :eek: not once but twice it scared the hell out of him :biggrin: l.c. can drive ,but not easy to do goining sideways huh lc?were getting closer to being ready though should be interesting car is makeing close to 1000 hp @ rw :) all aluminum t/a block sheet metal intake all stage 2 stuff,neal chance conv.5400
guess i'll go for now buick racers,be safe out there :wink: and keep,um between the walls ok?
see ya,

bobby don

1987 turbo-t
9.93 @137 mph (got it off the wall on that run :eek: ) old motor!
1987 gn (category 6) #1 qualifer 2006 buick **** nats
8.13 @ 167 mph (had alot left) :cool:
i'll be back boys
car looks good, my car is "Fear", the one sitting in Conelys garage right now, gettg tested. Your car is looking good, and im sure CC is getting it to rn even better. Good luck in the radial class, I was thinking about the same, sometime next year, once we take alittle weight out of "Fear" and throw better suspension on her. :D

turbo-t said:
see ya,

bobby don

Bobby,

I am sure that you are in good hands with CC and LC.
Is your converter a 5400 or a 4500 Stall?
If it is stalling at 5400 that might be part of you traction problems.
Please post more about both of your cars when you get a chance!

convertor stall

hi john:
sorry it took me so long to respond.lc says this convertor (neal chance)
has a 48 to 55 stall.cc says they have the 2 step set at 4800
i'm not really sure since i'm not there where the stall is.explain why the to high stall setting can cause traction problems.i would think just the opposite
would occur.if its loose,why would it cause the car to loose traction?i appreciate all the help i can get.take care out there in s.f. one of my favorite citys.
bobby don

turbo-t said:
hi john:
i'm not really sure since i'm not there where the stall is.explain why the to high stall setting can cause traction problems.i would think just the opposite
would occur.if its loose,why would it cause the car to loose traction?i appreciate all the help i can get.take care out there in s.f. one of my favorite citys.

bobby don
1987 turbo-t
9.93 @137 mph
21 lbs boost
category"6"
1987 gn
8.17 @ 167 mph
26 lbs boost

turbo-t said:
hi john:
bobby don

Since you are running a small tire with limited traction, your converter and boost control are paramount! A general rule of thumb is that the higher the rpm you launch at the harder it will hit the tires. This is not always the truth!
What you want in the converter is something that will come up quick enough to race on a pro tree and give you the ability to build enough boost to get going. I would rather set the car up that it makes too much boost on the launch rather than not enough. This is where the electronic boost controller comes in. It will allow you to trim the boost back to maximizes your traction.
For example Dusty Bradfords car makes a little more power than yours yet he is able to hit 1.2X to 1.3X 60Fts. Chris's car has had a little more problems with triming the boost back due to Twin BB Turbos coming on so fast.
His car has gone 1.27s on slicks with a lot left. What boost controller do you have? The Innovative seems to work pretty well, but the AMS-1000 is the cats meow! You can also set up some slew tables in the BS3, I am not sure how well this works with the waste spark ignition though.

Sorry for the long post.

Another question, at what rpm does your motor spool the turbo?

John Wilde said:
Another question, at what rpm does your motor spool the turbo?
interesting, i'd like to know this, CC do you have the asnwers and what we should do?

hi john,
thanks for the feedback my friend,talked to lc while ago he would like to chat with you on phone if possible.is there a good time for him to call you?
we the innovative controler,lc would have to tell you at what rpm the convertor is spooling.
thanks for takeing YOUR time to help us I really appreciate your help
do you have a phone # that lc can call you at?
take care and GO FAST!!!!!!

bobby don

hi john,
thanks for the feedback my friend,talked to lc while ago he would like to chat with you on phone if possible.is there a good time for him to call you?
we the innovative controler,lc would have to tell you at what rpm the convertor is spooling.

bobby don

(trying to get there)

Bobby. Do you have any plans to bring it to the radial tire race in Montgomery AL in a couple weeks? The 18th and 19th. I'll be there and would be glad to try and help. I've tested the crap out of my car to get it to run on the radials. I don't give the info out to anyone but would like to see that V6 put some nice #'s up. I'm sending you a pm also

turbo-t said:
hi john,

bobby don

(trying to get there)

Bobby,

Dusty is a real good bet and like he said he could help you at the track.
I will IM you with my cell number and give you my two cents.

Hey, does the hood ornament being turned like that give you .1 and 1mph? :) It does on our cars here in KC LOL! Awesome picture :D

Its 12:54 am - Just got back for HRP

Bumper Dragging Video coming soon............... :biggrin: :D :cool:

sweet music to my eyes & ears

i can only say that I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO GET IN THE SEAT OF THAT LITTLE BAD 6 !!!!!!!! :eek:
IT LOOKS REALLY FAST :) MY PERSONAL THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAD A HAND IN GIVING BIRTH TO MY CAR.CC I GOTTA BUY YOU LUNCH :biggrin:
LC THANKS FOR NOT WRECKING IT :eek: IT WAS A REAL HANDFUL FOR YOU I KNOW THIS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS.TO ALL THE GUYS AN GIRL (JANIS) AT CONLEYS PERFORMANCE PLUS, MY THANKS AGAIN FOR HANGING IN THERE :) WE WILL SEE YOU BUICK RACERS AT MORROCO,IN SEPT.7,8 & 9 MIDWEST BUICK CHALLANGE!!! I'M READY FOR SOME RACING!!!!1
LETS GET IT ON. :cool:

TURBO-T

I am so glad that you guys got it going.
Let's get that video out soon!

John Wilde said:
I am so glad that you guys got it going.
Let's get that video out soon!

Please forgive the quality of the video. It was dark & taken with my little dig. camera. Also, Please ignor the last 19 sec of video 1. Me and the CPP crew were a little excited to finaly get the car to launch like we knew it could.
It went back to back 1.33 60ft on the rear tires. If you listen carefully, you can still here the tires spin'n.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_P9KZsVSJo