bobby don's D/R TR

TURBOTERRORV6

The Street killer V6
was out in the track,yesterday evening with the conleys trsting "fear"and Don's D/R TR.. heres a few pics of dons car....pretty amazing,this car makes power.

Attachments

• Buick Launch.jpg
    Buick Launch.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 813
I hope they bring this car to Montgomery for the EZ street races. I'd like to see it in person. We have one race Aug 19th weekend and another later in the year. Check outlawracing.com for more race info if they're interested in racing it. The plans right now are to let us run it out the back Friday night under the lights since Montgomery is 1/4 mile. We'll see what the ORSCA regulars can do.

Dusty Bradford said:
I hope they bring this car to Montgomery for the EZ street races. I'd like to see it in person. We have one race Aug 19th weekend and another later in the year. Check outlawracing.com for more race info if they're interested in racing it. The plans right now are to let us run it out the back Friday night under the lights since Montgomery is 1/4 mile. We'll see what the ORSCA regulars can do.
Hopefully LC and CC can work the bugs out in no time so it can hit the tracks and compete very soon.

John Wilde said:
I think I need to e-mail Chris!!!

No need. I'm here now. We took it to the track friday night on slicks to try to get some good #'s (I dont care what anybody says, M/T Drag radials are NOT as good as slicks!!! :mad: ) The car seems to have a wiring short. The car started acting really funky after the 1st burnout (???) and wouldn't restart after the 2nd pass.(ignition switch/wiring) So, Back to the shop for more thrashing. I think we're gonna put a stand alone harness in it. Wish us luck and we'll keep ya'll updated.
CC

BAGN said:
No need. I'm here now. We took it to the track friday night on slicks to try to get some good #'s (I dont care what anybody says, M/T Drag radials are NOT as good as slicks!!! :mad: ) The car seems to have a wiring short. The car started acting really funky after the 1st burnout (???) and wouldn't restart after the 2nd pass.(ignition switch/wiring) So, Back to the shop for more thrashing. I think we're gonna put a stand alone harness in it. Wish us luck and we'll keep ya'll updated.
CC

I sent you one anyway!!! :D

Dusty, Bobby Don hopes to have the car home in time to make a Buick race up near Chicago September 8th.If all goes well we want to make the last few MESRA races this year.I was surprised we didn't see you at the Benton race running for the 5 grand.The number one and number two qualifiers went out in the first round.Gives us hope when the 5.20 cars are taken out by the slower cars in the ladder.

Brad T said:
Dusty, Bobby Don hopes to have the car home in time to make a Buick race up near Chicago September 8th.If all goes well we want to make the last few MESRA races this year.I was surprised we didn't see you at the Benton race running for the 5 grand.The number one and number two qualifiers went out in the first round.Gives us hope when the 5.20 cars are taken out by the slower cars in the ladder.

I wanted to make Benton but couldn't. There a several big races I want to make late this year so I have to plan vacation time around. I need to re shim my valvesprings for more pressure and will not race it again until I finish this which should be in the next couple weeks.

In this heat the drag radials don't work as well. It's very hard to tune the car to get down the track in the heat, you try to put too much power down and you'll kill the tires. There is a lot of guessing and luck that goes along with going rounds. If the top guys over estimate the track they'll go out early.

jusa6 said:
was out in the track,yesterday evening with the conleys trsting "fear"and Don's D/R TR.. heres a few pics of dons car....pretty amazing,this car makes power.
Good pics, gotta get some of "fear" if we can get her to put some power down and hook just a little :confused:

Quint said:
Good pics, gotta get some of "fear" if we can get her to put some power down and hook just a little :confused:

Define the word "hook"! I think with the power "FEAR" is making, we'd have a better chance of getting Captin Hook from Peter Pan to showing up to the track! :biggrin:
CC