BMR 1.5 rear sway bar

CopGn

Has anyone used this bar yet? Any thoughts on it? Bigger that the ATR bar. HR sway bar would be better but this bar is going for $200.

I'm not much help,,but dont like waiting for anything,,so I was leaning toward the BMR bar ,,seems you dont want to wait and like the price also...
sorry no help .
Dennis

not that it means anything but BMR Fabrication is like 5 minutes from my house..nannynana popo

Just got off the phone w/ Frank at BMR. He stated his X-treme 1.5" bar WILL NOT work w/ factory lowers. He said the material on the factory lowers is too thin and will tear up when driving around. They also said that this 1.5" bar will not work w/ tubular lowers either, as there are fitmant issues. You need to purchase their boxed lowers at $160 and the bar at $200. This puts you only $100 dollars out from the HRParts bar which gives you the added benefit of adjustability and running whatever lowers you want. Has anyone had issues with the ATR bar tearing up the factory lowers? Brian

I have factory lowers on my car with the ATR bar. My lowers are boxed, and I put the special steel spacers that came with the bar to keep the arms from collapsing before welding the boxing plates in. No way I would run the ATR bar on non boxed arms, or without those spacers.

FYI, although I don't have one on the GN, I helped put one on a G-body car (Monte SS). Like it says on the website, the BMR bar not work with the stock lower CA arms, but we also had to grind the heck out of the hump part that goes around the differential pumpkin on a Monte SS (Note that the Monte SS has a different rear than stock GN's. I think it has 7.5 or so inch ring gear as opposed to 8.5 like our cars..). It just didn't fit to our liking without rubbing the diff cover a great deal. We had another brand lower arm setup on there though (I think Hotchkiss), so it might have just been bad luck.

Billy

Well my lowers have been boxed for years, and there is no cutting and rewelding in my furture to accomidate the ATR or BMR set up. I'm went with my intial choice, and purchased the HRParts bar. Chromemoly tubing----no lower isues---and approximately 11lbs in weight with adjustabilty. Sounds like a winner all the way around. Price? You get what you pay for I guess.