blown headgasket? compression #'s

Peeds

hey my cars engine was rebuilt less than 2 miles ago then all the sudden a few weeks ago it started smoking real bad white smoke after the car warms up a bit. so i figured blown head gasket. some people said they thought it would be a blown head gasket some said its the turbo.. but the smoking never stops. once i start the car about 20 seconds later the white smoke starts pouring out so i just did a compression test. on the passanger side one of the cylinders was 140 and the others were 150. one cylinder on the drivers side was 155 and the other two were 160. is the 140 to low since all the others are 150+. im new to this whole car thing so thanks for the help.
-Paul

Not the head gasket, compression no's are considered to be in spec if they are within no less than 10% of the highest cylinder. Quite possibly your turbo or other mechanical problem, i.e. valve guide seals, improper ring sealing.

thanks for the reply. i was told the turbo was off a very low mile GN and looked fine before it was put on but you never know. i took off the downpipe and looked for oil but didnt see any so maybe its the guide seals or ring. how can i find out if a ring hasnt sealed right or if its the valve seal guides? thanks again
-Paul