Blown head gasket

pisano

well i took the car to get painted at maaco and this is what i think really happend

they drove my car and didnt know you had to hit a switch to turn the fans on and it overheated and blew the radiator hose open then they hit the emergency lights and drove it back to the shop.

they call me and say the cars ready but the battery died so they had to let it run to charge and it overheated for a second blew the hose and they turned the car off and called me.

i buy a new hose and theres no water in the car at all i replace the hose and put water start the car im hearing a click click click but the emergency lights like broke just the clicking so i didnt know till i got home.

im no detective but if the car is over heating in a parking lot why would you run to the emergency lights?

two days later im throwing white smoke like crazy and theres coolant in my oil and cars shaking.

they dont wanna fix it and said i signed some paper that says there not responsible.

anyways i took the heads off and it looks like green/yellow bird shit everywhere basically :(

what should i do? the motor has like 1200 miles on it since it was rebuilded -.- the pistons still have the part number and that there .30 over and the heads are just as fresh

should i just put new head gaskets? i dont know how bad it was overheated

You will need to al least take the pan off and clean everything out. This is why you disable the car in some way when you take it in to someone like Macco. Next time you'll know.;)

dude....that is very unfortunate and i feel for you. :( i was getting pissed off just reading your post, i can only imagine what you felt. if it were me, i'd go through it again just to be safe. but i've been known to overdo things sometimes. GL and keep us up to date.

im pissed as fuck. wow so you think i should put all new bearings?? camshaft bearings too? or just for the crankshaft and arms? dare i say it but dropin a 350 in is sounding like the way to go lol

You won't know until you pull the pan off. It will also depend on whether or not it had antifreeze in it or not.

funny thing is, i couldnt figure out why my car had a little funny idle before this happend. like it had a vacuum leak but i couldnt find it anywhere. found out i got two pin sized holes in my up pipe i could see the white smoke shooting out like a trains exhaust lol. dont know if that would cause an off idle but i know it shouldnt be leaking

Which 50/50? Do you remember the brand/type? That's really important here as to whether or not you will need to do a complete tear down or not.

holy shit lol it was a cheap brand from a gas station says like xxx on it oh yea and a little peak

You should be fine then if you added it in the last 2 or so years. The older antifreeze had silica in it to reduce corrosion in the cooling system so if you had an internal leak you basically had sand in your oil which would ruin the bearings.o_O

well i guess that supports my slap some felpros on there and hope for the best plan A

but plan B is unfortunatly gonna be drop a buick 350 in it this summer and rebuild a 4.1 next summer when i got more money. buddy of mine scraps cars and someone junked a 77 lesabre with a 350 that ran good but rusted out frame. complete running motor for 400 bucks

If it was Peak then you shouldn't have the silica in it. Most of the time it's the cheap generac antifreeze that still has the silica in it. I would save a sample of the oil and send it in for analisis to see whether or not you need a full tear down.

well if your already thinking of V8 then your almost at the point of no loss.......... might as well toss the set of head gaskets on her, change the oil and fire'er up! that way you might be able to get some more miles out of the short block while you rebuild or clean up your V8.

What did they say when you asked them about the blinkers? I would tell them they better fix the f'n thing. To determine if they are truely full of chit you need to find out if your battery is indeed dead. If you battery works fine then it proves they are full of it.

yep bought the intake gasket and have to wait till tomorrow for the head gasket set.

does anyone know the tightening sequence on the heads?

6 4 2 7
8 1 3 5

i remember it was something like that

nope my battery has never died on me, i was hearing the click click click i thought i had a short and they were telling the truth but the click click click turned out to be the blinkers that they never mentioned turning on and i sure didnt pull up with them on. they werent even working anymore like they forgot them on and they broke or something used to work fine and now just makes the clicking noise.

they keep telling me im wrong and thats not what happend and bringing up that i signed there not responsible. i dont wanna go to court and some jewish lawyer with slick hair just pulls the paper out his briefcase and case dismissed. i know what really happend but i dont have any way of proving anything at all really and im court im gonna look like some young kid who dont know anything

its a shame i go to detroit often which is about 20 miles on the highway and i could do 100mph there and back smoother than my moms 300 hemi c!! absolutely no play at all in the steering, ive never owned a car that didnt shake at least a little over 75-80. first motor i ever rebuilt