Blow through turbo set up... Help!

bigdwg03

I'm new to the tb world but am looking at building a twin turbo with a blow through carb. Trying to stay as cheap as possible and want to know if I need any electronics? I was thinking a MSD BTM and a fast dual O2 sensor but do I need anything to detect knock??? I wanna run two small T3 or T4 turbos an intercooler and alky kit. Looking at 20lbs of boost with 600-650 horse? Tell me what you think. I plan on driving it almost everyday. It's a stock 109 block, crank and rods with ported 8445 heads.
Thnx

FAST will only work on an injected engine. Adam (warwagon) is the one that you need to talk to about how to achieve what you want though.

The amount of electronics you will end up with depends on how many things you want to monitor and how many things you want to run from inside the car.
Innovate, FAST, ETC whatever brand O2 controller you want will suffice.
along with MSD Ignition and BTM.
Caspers Knock detector if you want to monitor knock.
Spectre has a dual 3" or 4" inlet carb hat that would keep costs down.
I'd recommend two t3 turbo's. If you were too run two stock GN turbo's you would already be over 20psi. You need to run two smaller turbos that are most efficient at 10psi apiece.
You will need a roller cam to make the power you want period.
Now 600-650 wheel or flywheel horse power?
Need more info. pump gas?, E85?, street/strip or mostly racing?, considering any spooling assistant's?

600-650 at the flywheel will get me the numbers I wanna run in the 1/4 buts going to be a 99% street driven pump gas car. I figure with the alky kit I should be ok. I'm on a tight budget and I'm trying to figure out if all the electronics I have to buy to monitor a carb set up would be worth it.... Tho I want to be able to tune it myself so carb seems easier but not sure if it's going to be cheaper? Also what kind of AR on those T3s? I was thinking .53? Thanks for the help!

Welcome for the help.
You will be fine with 93-91 octane and alky for the street then.
I'd not go smaller than .48A/R and no bigger than .63A/R on the turbine with twins for the street. O2's is all that is needed to tune the carb for blowthru. I'd recommend an EGT monitor too but it's not mandatory.
Holley style BT carb 600-750cfm will be Ideal. Going to build a carb or buy? A single plane intake with as much volume as you can find will work best for you.
Really the only electronics you will need will be for the ignition, knock, O2 monitoring and Perhaps boost control.

Not sure if I'm going to build or buy the carb... Depends on what deals I can score lol. Maybe I'm confused but I thought an O2 and egt were kinda the same? What do they do different/ purpose? Also where do I get a manifold? I've only seen the edelbrock dual plan for the v6.

O2 and EGT aren't the same thing.

As far as the intake you'll be looking for a while. KB, Weiand Smokey Yunik, and a few others are out there but they're kinda hard to find.

For the manifold I kno the 3.8 and 4.1 are the same does anything else work? Stage 1 or stage 2 manifolds the same?

First: Stage Intakes don't fit production engines.
The reason to utilize an EGT meter is diving more deeply into fuel and carb tuning. Not giving it all away just yet but The Idea is to use it in conjunction with a Wideband O2 and be able to safely (lean out) the AFR and raise the EGT for more POWER. Heat drives the turbine.
Okay. I've seen sheet metal intake manifolds before (2x4, 1x4) so I know they can be had, but for how much is a mystery.
Otherwise your limited to 4.1 production 4bbl intake, Weiand Excellerator AKA Weiand Smokey Yunick without air gap, The Original Weiand/Smokey Yunick intake (if you can find one), Kenne-Bell, And what ever cool intake manifold you can invent.
"And If I forgot about any single plane intakes that fit later high port heads let us all know"
You might even be able to get just part of an After-market company's Twin kit, "ESP for example" You would have half the fabrication already finished now, Headers and downpipes for twins probably turbo's too with 4 bolt turbine housings so you could use anything. Otherwise that is going to be all custom Fabrication work.
The fuel system will have to be stepped up big time. That goes with the electronics you asked about so I'm mentioning it. A very decent fuel electric pump and 3/8 or 1/2 supply line or -6AN -8AN and probably a high flow pickup. Need a rising rate boost referenced fuel pressure regulator.
Carb hat is an important decision. NEVER use a Turbonetics carb hat. Spectre has a good unit for a good price that will work great with twins. You can use a single inlet carb hat too and "Y" the charge piping leading too it.
Consider a nitrous plate to help spool two turbos AND give more intake volume.
You can still use Vacuum power brakes, I do on mine. Also consider an electronic boost controller to help keep the boost under control with the twins.

If I get two small t3 turbos will they not spool fast enough with out the nitrous? I'm puttin the motor in a 72 vega and with 650 horse I'm lookin at a mid 9 second ride don't get me wrong I'd love to go faster but will the stock crank and rods take the power? What kind of rpm will it take?

They will spool pretty fast, BB turbo's will spool even faster, Nitrous asssisted spooling is quickest. A lot of these single plane intakes won't do much torque for you at under 2K rpm's. A good stall helps out
a lot with spooling.
You should be using s Roller camshaft that is going to permit just over 6k rpm. Worked stock rods will be ok for 600HP but I would upgrade. The crank will hold get it balanced with the rest and cryo'd for more strength. But I'd upgrade the crank too for "Reliable" 600+HP

Ball Bearing Turbo

Below are links to the Original Blowthru and the revisions of the system over the years.