Blocktober Car Show at Saddleback Church Oct 31, 3-9PM

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
As an option to the standard trick or treat grind...my church is having a pretty cool event.
All are welcome.
Costumes are also welcome, but since this is a church sponsored event, they ask that the costumes not be dark, obcene or scary in nature.

There is going to be rather large event, Blocktober, at the Saddleback Church Lake Forest campus on 10/31. It’s for the whole family with pony rides, lots of games & things for the kids, a chili cook-off, all kinds of food booths & a classic car show. The whole event is being put on by Children’s Ministry & they are expecting over 10,000 to attend & is for the entire community.

The classic car show part of it is from 3-6pm. They will have the entire Refinery parking lot & expect to fill it for the show.

The show only runs for 3 hours & ends at 6 pm. The organizers ask that all of participants stay till then, the awards are going to begin at 5:30. That is so you have time to enjoy the other events & can leave your car right where it is. A band that will be playing throughout the show & also raffling off the donated prizes.

Participants get a goody bag. There is going to be a meal ticket in your goody bag along with many other surprises so you can go & try out some of the great food.

They are offering free individual car portraits during the show at a special location in the parking lot. Be sure you check that box “yes” when registering – this is a nice touch if you don’t have one yet.

Car show Registration can be done online at Saddleback Lake Forest - Children: Blocktober or a downloadable version can be sent to you by requesting one at svccclasiccarshow@cox.net . A lot of fun things for the family packed into 3 hours.

Hope to see some Turbo Buicks there and Gary...maybe you can invite the Caddy crowd.

Again....this is a community event on the church property, so please feel welcome.

No cussing if you can help it...if you can't:rolleyes:...you'll need to bring some quarters for the swear jar.

Thanks!
Tim

...by the way...
The last two times Saddleback put on a major car show event, they pulled in well over 100 very nice cars of all makes, models and vintages. Everything from daily drivers to trailer queens show up.

They have a smaller show the first Saturday of every month and that one normally draws about 20-30 cars with several more who just pass through for a few minutes for the free donuts and coffee on there way too/from other plans.

Sorry tim i can't make it i'm related to the devil.

We all are, Al....we all are.
Before Satan fell...he was part of the home team...

Guys,
The event is actually pretty casual. No one will be spritzing you with holy water, thumping you with a Bible or trying to heal you on sight. In fact...other than the no cussing if you can help it rule, the atmosphere is a lot like any car show/fair.
...and if you have kids...they'll love it.:D

Blocktober Car Show

CAR SHOW
EVENT DETAILS

The Car Show is open to all types of vehicles, from restored classic Detroit cars, to hot rods, and street rods, trucks, sports cars, European and Asian makes and a special class for convertibles. There are awards in eleven classes and we are expecting strong competition. Each contestant will be voting and we will also have some 'people’s choice' awards. Come join us!

When: 10/31/10 - The Car show is just part of the family activities - something for all to enjoy

Where: Saddleback Church Campus
1 Saddleback Parkway
Lake Forest, Ca 92630
(El Toro Rd. & Portola)

Refinery Parking lot - Follow the signs to the car show designated area, once you turn onto Saddleback Pkwy.

Start Time: 3:00 p.m.
Car check-in begins at 2:00 p.m., ample trailer parking available
Free car portraits available.
Raffle tickets sold and winners announced throughout the day.

End Time: 6:00 p.m.
Official car show activities end but you may leave your car parked while you & your family enjoy the other events

Registration fee
per car: $15.00 per car
Register in advance - just click on the registration button & fill in the information. A confirmation receipt will be sent to your email address

Click Here to Register
https://www.saddleback.com/UserAcco...t/children/specialevents/carshowregister.html

Bump

I won't be showing mine since I killed my turbo, but just wanted to remind anyone who might be interested.

Maybe next time, man.

I'm still going to the event....just can't take my car.

....and my 68 Camaro is on jack stands still with a bent axel and broken rotor. I ran out of talent several months back 3 gears into a nice smokey John Force burn out, spun and hit a curb with the back wheels. :redface:
I bought the axle and rotor, but still need new back wheels and tires.

I got there at about 6PM and there were still about 40+ cars there...but no Turbo Buicks.:rolleyes:

Probably did not reach 100+ cars, like the father child show last summer due to folks having other plans for Halloween, but pretty good turn out none the less.

The overall event was packed (several thousand peeps) ....pretty fun. All the kids were having a blast.:biggrin: