BLM problem....

FreeJack

I've got a strange BLM problem. My setup is this. 60LBs Motrotrons and a accufab adj. fuel press regulator, and I have a walbro 340 Pump that is hot wired. Oh and I have a Commander Chip. Everything is pretty much stock but I do have a ATR 3' DP. No CAT!

When I was in Florida the BLMs were 128 solid. I moved to Denver Colorado and now the BLM are all over the place. At idle they are around 119 at 40MPH they are at 139. I can't seem to figure out what may be the issue other than being at a different altitude. And I'm running 87 Octane.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

I've got a strange BLM problem. My setup is this. 60LBs Motrotrons and a accufab adj. fuel press regulator, and I have a walbro 340 Pump that is hot wired. Oh and I have a Commander Chip. Everything is pretty much stock but I do have a ATR 3' DP. No CAT!

When I was in Florida the BLMs were 128 solid. I moved to Denver Colorado and now the BLM are all over the place. At idle they are around 119 at 40MPH they are at 139. I can't seem to figure out what may be the issue other than being at a different altitude. And I'm running 87 Octane.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

None of the numbers you quoted are out of the ballpark. It is natural for them to be different under different driving conditions.
There are 16 different BLM cells being used depending on air flow vs. rpm.

If yours were at one time locked on 128 and never moved no matter what, that indicates that you had your car in full time open loop at that time.

87 octane :eek: I hope you got your boost way down, or running plenty of alky

Okay, I'm not going to worry too much about the BLMS then. They move in a predictable way.

YES!!!! The boost is down. I've only pushing 8 PSI now.

Thanks!

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

The air is less dense up in colorado due to the altitude change so there is not as much oxygen as there was in Florida and that is why your BLM's have dropped, just make little adjustments and it should be fine, lower the fuel pressure to begin with and you will see your BL's go up, you may not need as much fuel now that the air is less dense in colorado, so if you have it set at 45psi static with the line off begin by taking 3 psi off and work your way from there.. report back. :)

I'll drop the fuel pressure and see what happens. I'm on the border line. Yesterday I went on a small trip to test it out. At 55mph I was at 145. It seems to rise with the speed.

I'm at 45 now. I will drop to 42 and see what happens. I need to be careful since I am running either 85 octane or 87 octane. I may add a bit of E-85 maybe a few gallons to battle the knock I get here and there. But I'm not pushing a lot of boost because of that (around 8lbs).

Other than the BLMs bouncing around the car took to the thinner air quite well! I passed emissions. Now I need to just fine tune it to the air here.

One strange thing... Not many TurboBuicks here! I went to the Golden car show that happen almost every Saturday. I didn't see a single one! They got to be here somewhere?

At least buy the lousy 91 that we have around here.

There are some TRs around. There is a Buick show and shine on 8/30/08 at Clement Park at shelter #G. The park is located at Bowles Ave & Pierce St. I would guess around 10 TRs will show up including a GNX along with at least twice that many 60's and 70's cars.

Look at a thread I started July 8. It refers to my BLM and ethanol (10%) experience. I think you will find it interesting.
Slipstick

Cool! I will have to see if I can get me car to the show! I see if is over by Wadsworth!

I may have to go to 91... Still too expensive. If it wasn't a daily driver I would now! But even with the 85 stuff it runs very well. I just can't go WOT! But what I've seen in my area, half throttle would swipe them up.

Anyone in Colorado know how much Ethanol they put in the gas? I think that may have a bearing on my high BLMS. Ethanol will add more O2 to the exhaust and the car may see that.

:rolleyes:

Anyone in Colorado know how much Ethanol they put in the gas? I think that may have a bearing on my high BLMS. Ethanol will add more O2 to the exhaust and the car may see that.

:rolleyes:

Stations vary but it is around 10%.

My BLM's with a chip from Turbo Tweak are really good - 125 to 130 at idle and 130 to 134 at cruise. With an older chip from PTE they are 140 - 145 at idle and 138 - 145 at cruise. Also when my O2 is going out from using race gas my BLMs creep up.

I am slowly bringing the BLMs down at cruise speed. My average is 133 now. But doing this brings my idle down as well. My average at idle is not around 116. I've got a commander chip so I may be able to make adjustments to the chip itself and get is within an accepable range.

Or..... I may need to get another chip. This chip is geared to the gas and everyhting in Florida.

Turbo Tweak you say.... I'll have to look it up.

Thanks!