Blm numbers

nitrousmike175

Last night when i was riding at about 55 MPH i checked my BLM numbers they where at a steady 148 and at idle 144 does this seem corrector should they be lower.
THANKS

For the archives...
"There is nothing wrong with your chip or fuel delivery system, even in normal driving, when your BLM (Block Learn Mode) numbers are anywhere between 110 & 145. The car will still be running stoichiometrically correct no matter what the BLM numbers show, as long as they are between 110-145. Numbers below 128 show that the computer is taking away fuel & numbers above 128 show that the computer is adding fuel. In either case,the car is not running rich or lean! The BLM numbers basically show what fuel corrections the computer is making in order to keep fuel delivery stoichiometrically correct. BLM numbers will vary with types of gasoline, weather, & at idle when you turn on the a/c!
Now if your scan tool shows BLM numbers always way below 128 or way above 128, it shows that some fuel correction is necessary. Often this can be adjusted with the fuel pressure regulator. But still, the computer is working (only "harder") to keep the fuel mixture stoichiometrically correct. If BLM numbers are always below 110 or always above 145, that's when you start looking for a fueling problem!"

Best Explanation I've read yet!!Thanks!!
I knew someone else from the Carolinas knew something about GN's!

That's a pretty good explanation. Got something similar for the "integrator"?

Originally posted by lyonsd
That's a pretty good explanation. Got something similar for the "integrator"?

Very simply put, think of the integrator as the driving force for the BLM's.
BLM is long term fuel correction. Even though it "corrects" twice a second, that's pretty long term in computer time.

INT is short term fuel correction. About 20 times per second (short term). It basically does two things, it's trying to correct for fuel changes needed and at the same time sending the BLM's where they need to be to correct the overall situation (long term)

That write-up was copied by me from an article in a TR mag...so don't go thinking it came directly from my head! I'm still VERY much on the learning curve!:)

Dave, on the other hand, knows his stuff. I was a little confused concerning the integrator #'s, so thanks for the explanation.:)