blm issues driving me crazy

oneslobuick

ok first this car has had this issue for a while and ive not driven it in a couple of years so recently i decided to blow the dust of it and try to resolve the issues once and for all so any help would be appreciated.

scanmaster results (warm idle in park)
o2 219-730 all over the place
AF 07-08
L8 49
bat 12.9
int 179
bl 107
clt 167
ats 86
r 950-1050
tps .44
iac 150
maf 00

:confused: ok before you ask this is what i have tried
replaced o2 with gm
replaced iac with gm
iac reset procedure 100 times
i have lowerd the fp down to 22 lbs line off bl# go up but not enough
no vacuume leaks (trust me)
pulled the plugs all are equally over fueled
fuel pressure stays after the car is shut off so idont think leaking inj
tried different chips and ecms an generaly the same # on scan master

now my questions may be silly but here it goes.
if the maf is 8 why is the iac 150 shouldnt the iac cut back air to compensate
and even if the maf is 8 why can i not take enough fuel out to get the blms up

please hurry before makes me sell it or she leaves me!:frown:

could be bad maf sensor.

I had a 3" lt1 maf with translator plus on the car and maf was 6 but didnt help anything else.

does the iac sit steady at 150 or does it drop down to around or below 100 and then jump back up? what kind of chip r u currently running? and did u miss type ur integrator value of 179?

i just started the car let it warm up and the scan master results for today are different.

af 07
int 110-120
bl 105
iac 57~70

idle is also kinda eratic and iac goes up and down with the rpms

jim testa 009 street chip

was the idle up high again?

i know u said u tried an lt1 MAF but that sounds just like when i had a miscalibrated MAF. when the car is running bad go out and unplug the MAF and see if the idle stablizes itself. if it does then the MAF is most likely bad, if not then the search continues.

the search continues

unplug the maf and the car dies will not idle

is it possible to have a maf reading with the maf unplugged because mine was 8 before it died

reinstalled lt1 maf and af is 6 bl up to 125 better but fp is still at 22 lbs.

keep sending your thoughts and ideas

well next thing would be to raise the fuel pressure back up to the chips spec, normally around 42 or 43psi. the car will not run properly at that pressure. i think the MAF # u saw was probably a default # that was generated by the ECM.

did this problem start after doing work to the car or was it just from sitting?

Adjust your fuel pressure up to 42/43 w/ vac line off like johnnyttype recommended. If BLM's start dropping again you are pulling extra fuel from somewhere or not enough air.

With a MAF reading of 00, tells me zero air flow. You did check for a plugged air filter? How about fuel in the vacuum line of the FPR? A pinhole in the diaphram would make it suck fuel thru the vac line, which would cause the ECM to lower the BLM's to try and correct it. How about getting a wiring diagram and disconnecting the MAF & ECM connectors and doing some continuity checks followed by checking them to ground for a short. Also, unplug everything you can and check for corrosion or bent pins. I have fixed my car twice this way. Are you getting any codes?

Just some thoughts............

"You may have gas in your fuel"

The wording kinda threw me off. :eek: