Blew my new car up!!!!

Johnboy

Sold my TTA over the summer to buy a Typhoon, guy drove it from calif. for me.

I didn't have it two weeks and it blew on me.:mad:

I was changing the idler arm and broke the hose of the boost solenoid.

My bad as I was not watching the boost gage and it overboosted.

Problem with these trucks is the head gaskets will not blow and instead it destroy's other things.

Typhoon009.jpg
[/IMG]

Typhoon008.jpg
[/IMG]

Typhoon006.jpg
[/IMG]

I've wished alot of bad things on people, but never a blown engine. I wish you the best with the new build.

Dammmmmmmmmmmm. Don't think your fixing that block. Looks like the cam was shot anywho. Well time to move on bigger and better.

Ouch, I feel your pain.

I don't know zip about Typhoons/Syclones but they don't have a knock sensor to back timing out and make it run terrible to wake you?

And that boys and girls is why I don't pin or o-ring the head. I buy the oem style head gaskets and would rather spend 4/5 hours doing a gasket change than destroying an engine.

But I also only run low 11's. I will break into the 10's this year though.

Mikey

Typhoon009.jpg
[/IMG]

Is it me or does that hole kinda look like a turbo 6?

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hopefully this event will lead to a stronger engine and another fun ride...:cool:

Whats with all the rust on the cylinder walls? ---

Someone else asked me about the rust also, I think it's from the coolant sitting in the cylinder from the time it blew and me taking it apart?????

What's intersting is it was knocking/tapping a bit before it blew. Couldn't really pin the noise down, but wasn't rod or main bearing noise I think.

What's ironic is the previous owner had the exact same thing happen to him, except he only took out the main bearings from detonation.

When it goes back together I plan on putting a PSI switch in line and tie it in to the kill switch.