Bled brake system = working Powermaster

GN138

Just wanted to post up that, after doing a lot of reading here, I decided to bleed my brakes. My Powermaster is original (130k miles) and I have replaced the accumulator once about 6-7 years ago. It's been running a lot and while the pedal wasn't "mushy" the car doesn't like to stop.

So, I bled all 4 and took it for a spin and WOW, what a difference. Now I have to worry about stopping too soon instead of not stopping at all.

My fluid might have been original fluid, or at least 10 years/ 85k miles old. It was black and when I bled the front passenger side I even saw metallic bits in there. I went through 2 quarts total, until I got clean fluid and no bubbles.

Thanks for the advice on this board!

I had the same problem that was discussed at length in another thread. I was told that my PM was shot. I decided to bleed just the front driver wheel and the difference was amazing.I didn't have time to bleed all four but i am going to do it soon. I went to the track the same day and i was able to leave with 3lbs boost on stock setup and shave 4 tenths off my best time. So the moral of the story is BLEED BEFORE YOU BUY!
But I also apppreciate the great advice so freely shared on the msg board.