Blank Hood Insulation Pad. Where to get???

I just saw a blank ones in a vendors catalog I picked up at BG this weekend and thought about this thread. Can't remember the company. When I get home I will let you know.

The total quote from GMPartsGiant for my zip code was $351......... :eek:
Liner $156 + FedEx $195 = $351
Seems to me buying local from a GM dealership would be the way to go, at least for my zip code.

I wonder if gm has any plain ones left in there inventory anf if so how much they would be ??
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

They're available from GM for $229.28 list, if they were discontinued then gmpartsdirect, gmpartsgiant, etc wouldn't be selling them.
They're much cheaper at these vendors but the problem is the high cost of shipping.
If you order p/n 25525977 at your local GM dealership you shouldn't have to pay any shipping so its actually cheaper that way.

Are they 8 hole or 9 hole ?? Thx for the information

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

They're 8 hole ............. :(
Haven't been able to buy 9 holes since the early '90s, thats why they're MEGA bucks when one comes up for sale here........ :eek:

UPDATE: Guys, FInally i have succeeded. I have blank correct GM part number hood insulators and have laid on the logo. It is the same thing GN used. Tested with a map gas torch and all. I will have these up next week. Just to cover my cost and make almost nothing im going to sell them for $500 + shipping. OEM go for anywhere from 650-900. This is a good thing and they are now readily available. I can also take your blank and put the logo on if you cover shipping. Thanks!!

UPDATE: Guys, FInally i have succeeded. I have blank correct GM part number hood insulators and have laid on the logo. It is the same thing GN used. Tested with a map gas torch and all. I will have these up next week. Just to cover my cost and make almost nothing im going to sell them for $500 + shipping. OEM go for anywhere from 650-900. This is a good thing and they are now readily available. I can also take your blank and put the logo on if you cover shipping. Thanks!!
Hope you plan on becoming a vendor or you can say bye bye to the board.;)

New

List them on fleabay and you can reach a wider audience.

I'm sure it would cost more in vendor fees here versus fleabay fees which would drive up the cost to the consumer especially if only a handful are sold.

Hope you plan on becoming a vendor or you can say bye bye to the board.;)

How do i go about that? Im not looking to make a profit really so if its going to cost me $ to help people out ill just ebay them. PM me let me know.

Thanks!

List them on fleabay and you can reach a wider audience.

I'm sure it would cost more in vendor fees here versus fleabay fees which would drive up the cost to the consumer especially if only a handful are sold.

Yea that will probably be my route. Not really a massive money maker here unless you bought OEM ones 10 years ago hahaha. Cant wait to get the pic up you guys are going to flip!!

How do i go about that? Im not looking to make a profit really so if its going to cost me $ to help people out ill just ebay them. PM me let me know.

Thanks!
PM SGRIM, the owner of the board. He can give you a better idea of fees.;)

cant find it anymore. did they stop selling them?

Are you talking about blank ones? GM dealerships can order the 8 hole ones. I asked my buddy at the dealership last week and was quoted a price of $175