Black painted engine pics?

fullahotair

Does anyone have a pic of an engine that is painted black ( intake, valve covers, throttle body etc)? Just getting some paint scheme ideas for my WH1.

Thanks!
N8

Yep!

Got the black engine, but don't have any pictures. Even if I did, I wouldn't know how to post them.:eek: But it is hi-gloss blk w/ blood red pin stripes on the vc & dog house ribbing. the up pipe has some black /grey flames on the hi-gloss black w/red hoses.;)

Mine is all black except the throttle body. My valve covers are T/A low profiles, in black. If this is what you're looking for I can try to get a pic but I'll have to e-mail them because I can never get them down to size to fit here. Let me know.

These are exactly what i am looking for. If you have pics, please send them to speedst83@aol.com. I would like to take a look at them. I am looking to do something different than the typical silver/aluminum valve covers and intake.

Did you guys like the way it turned out?

If anyone else has some pics, I would like to see them.

Thanks,
Nathyn

You should not paint the block black at least. You will never find the oil leaks on it. SIlver is my colour of choice now

Lots of black here

Attachments

• MotorDone3.jpg
    MotorDone3.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 393
  • MotorInCar2.jpg
    MotorInCar2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 380
Couple more

Attachments

• MotorDone2.jpg
    MotorDone2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 375
  • IMGP0030a.jpg
    IMGP0030a.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 380
cool engines

Dang, after looking at those pictures, I will never be able to open my hood in public again. Good job.

Food for thought. I went with a black engine scheme too. Had the stock valve covers, intake upper plenum and the intake powdercoated black, painted the two pipes to my front mount IC black, black powdercoated DP as well. I initially liked how it looked. It was like staring into the heart of darkness!

I drive my car alot. Only drawback to going with black is every speck of dirt/dust oil and grease shows up. Something to consider before you go with black.

You should not paint the block black at least. You will never find the oil leaks on it. SIlver is my colour of choice now

i hear ya buddy! i painted block, heads, wp, and timing cover black, and i made it extremely hard to find an oil leak!