Black Intercooler Video Test

Always thought it was bullshit. Maybe it still is who knows. My first gen duttweiller fmic is black. Maybe that's the reason why.

It looks like it just helps sitting still with no air flow through it. There wasn't much difference with air flow through the intercooler.

Now the question is our cars are more open to sunlight than most. How much will that effect it. They mentioned it but no test for that. That one would have been interesting.

That was a waste of 12 minutes of my life watching that video. If there gonna test it should be done on car. Instead they display this High school type science fair display. Personally don't think it matters too much what color the innercooler is. All I can think of is the parade of people heading to the hardware store to buy black spray paint this week!!

I painted my PTE FMIC years ago when I installed it. Only because I wanted to keep the stealth look. I guess it was dumb luck on my part. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been running my Kenne Bell front mount for 17 years unpainted heck i even polished it once. Have never had a problem and can run 21 lbs boost on 93 octane.

I had the car out last night for over an hour testing the new plug gap on the ngk tr6ix iridium plugs now gapped at .038 from .040, factory pregap was set at .045 Engine felt more responsive at .038 though.

As long as you don't go get all crackhead with the spray paint I don't see it making much of a difference. The aluminum fins flaking off my core is affecting it more than the black paint

I've been running my Kenne Bell front mount for 17 years unpainted heck i even polished it once. Have never had a problem and can run 21 lbs boost on 93 octane.

Do you have the "Big Boy"?

And is that 21lbs without alky?

Do you have the "Big Boy"?

And is that 21lbs without alky?

Yes to both.

The big boy is small compared to intercoolers available now a days but the price back then wasn't small.

I have the boost set at 21 lbs without the alky turned on and no knock but very seldom do i get that high it's more like 15 lbs most of the time since i do most driving in town.