Bilstein Shocks

Bilsteins stock?

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. If you already have em', might as well give them a try before moving on to something else. There's a reason they were standard on the GNX....;)

Are you saying Bilsteins are the OEM??? I changed the shocks on my GNX to Bilsteins about '98 when TBN found a price of $230 shipped. If Bilstein was OEM, there is a difference in design because the ride is certainly different.

I just double checked the Bilstein site. The part numbers I posted earlier are correct.

F4-B36-0949-H0 and F4-B46-0929-H0

Bilstiens are nice. My boss has a WE4 with them. Rides nice, but a little too hard for me. Still a great shock though. I have the KYB GR2s on my 86 all around. Rides real nice. Not hard, not soft. Some mild suspension upgrades as well. They are working well for me on the street and at the track.:smile:

bilsteins baby

bilsteins all the way around. now let me ask you, do you want a sloppy car going up the street? or do you want a stiff car going up the street? ok, thank you.

I just replaced some brand new (probably 50 miles on them) Gabriel Ultras with Bilsteins.

I haven't driven the car yet, but will post up the comparison between the Gabriel Ultras and the Bilsteins.

Rob

I finally drove the car today for the first time since installing the Bilsteins. The car rides terrific - better than it ever has for me. The quality of the ride compared to the brand new Gabriel Ultras I took off is far better. I would highly recommend the Bilsteins.

Now for new body bushings....

Rob

??? to those of you that mentioned a harsh ride.. I would like to know tire sizes you are running. thanks. I intend on the bilsteins but i'm currently running 215 65R15/ front and 245 60R15/ rear

??? to those of you that mentioned a harsh ride.. I would like to know tire sizes you are running. thanks. I intend on the bilsteins but i'm currently running 215 65R15/ front and 245 60R15/ rear

Mine rides nice with 17s on it.

After originally posting this thread, I decided to sell the Bils and get some KYB GR2's. I couldn't be happier with the ride. Not too soft and not too harsh. Just right for my liking. And they were only $85 for all four through tirerack. Just my two cents.

After originally posting this thread, I decided to sell the Bils and get some KYB GR2's. I couldn't be happier with the ride. Not too soft and not too harsh. Just right for my liking. And they were only $85 for all four through tirerack. Just my two cents.

Mine is the exact same way. Glad to hear you like them. With some mild suspension upgrades, it'll handle pretty well and 60' pretty good too.;)

sco jack 2001 x2. I have to agree 100%. Good mix of handling and a nice ride.