Bilstein Shocks

87Turbo-TWE4

I have a set in the boxes set but wanted to know anbody's opinion on how they ride. I was thinking about using Monroe Sensatracs just because I like a soft ride.

You probably will notice a change in the ride quality (much stiffer). I love how the handling has improved on mine, but if I run over a coin in a parking lot I can tell if it is heads or tails. Monroe is ok, KYB will also give good handling without rattling your fillings.

i have bilstiens all around

feels like your driving a plank of wood on wheels lol

minimal body roll and they are very stiff no bouncing at all

Bilsteins are the best shocks I have ever used. Fantstic ride quality and handling! I've literally tried 30 different types of shocks. I would say Gabriels are the second best I have ever used. ---------------Jeremy

I am in the same place right now , I need to replace my IAS shocks the fronts are bad . I am wanting a nice ride with the best control. I want Bilstiens but also want to make sure my older bones don't break?:biggrin:

I am in the same place right now , I need to replace my IAS shocks the fronts are bad . I am wanting a nice ride with the best control. I want Bilstiens but also want to make sure my older bones don't break?:biggrin:

How were your edelbrocks when newer? I'm guessing so-so since you're not getting a new set.

They are ok I guess , they were on the car when I got it.I put a set of KYBs on my Turbo dodge with Eibachs and that car was fun to drive, and not too harsh either.

I just replaced some brand new (probably 50 miles on them) Gabriel Ultras with Bilsteins.

I haven't driven the car yet, but will post up the comparison between the Gabriel Ultras and the Bilsteins.

Rob

I went ahead and ordered and some Monroe's. I'd rather have a little of a comfy ride than a harsh ride. If that doesn't work I'll try AC Delco premiums or KYB's.

I put the Monroes on my car when I got it and the ride was so sloppy it was downright scary at high speeds. I went with a set of Bilsteins and it was one of the best improvements I made to the car. Rode nice, but not rough. This is with the stock springs. I think I still have my monroes if you want them. Hardly been used.

when you hit bumps or uneven roadway does it bone jar you out of the car? The streets I drive on are pretty terrible.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. If you already have em', might as well give them a try before moving on to something else. There's a reason they were standard on the GNX....;)

I just put Bilsteins on over the weekend. The car rides so much better. The ones I had were well wore, so I can't compare to anything good. I don't think you will be disappointed though. My car had bad wheel hop and the Bilsteins cured that problem.

I believe the part numbers are:
B36-0949-HO
B46-0929-HO