Billet roller cam recommendation

I used a 224/224 about 11 years ago and was the first or one of the first to do so.
This was on a 252ci stage 1 iron head motor.............cam worked great!(non roller cam).
On my stock block motor with aluminium heads i am going to try a low 500 lift 224 and see what happens.
IMHO i cannot see a cam making that much of a difference once you get to a certain point...........but i am in any means an expert so i could be wrong.

It just appears when the 224 came out, it was just given generic numbers, like single pattern and 110 lobe center, just like most compcams. Its a great cam but it could have been improved on before they just gave it generic measurements. I get alot of oil in the intalke from reversion, due to the overlap causing this im told.

I use a 206 206 roller with 1.55 rockers.I have gone a 10.75@127 on 22psi.This is also the same cam that Red Armstong uses in his wifes car that runs 10.40s on 25psi.Boost comes on fast with this cam.

Well everyone has a different opinion on cam, but the goal is 138-140 mph, so i need all the help i can get on 231 ci