Billet fuel rail leak

D's GN

Hey guys, what sealer do you recommend using on the threads of the fuel line into an aftermarket billet rail. We have tried using Permatex sealer (white goo) but it still leaks. Any other products resistant to fuel for this application. Thanks

What kind..

Hey guys, what sealer do you recommend using on the threads of the fuel line into an aftermarket billet rail. We have tried using Permatex sealer (white goo) but it still leaks. Any other products resistant to fuel for this application. Thanks

of threads are we talking about?? AN, or NPT?

Sorry guys, this problem is on my brothers 408w stang, he is using edelbrock billet fuel rails, same as any billet fuel rail with AN fittings. Damn thing won't stop leaking. We may tig it but if anybody has experience with a better thread sealer I would rather try it first. Are the champion fuel rails for our cars the same design with no o-ring and AN fittings? Thanks

If you can screw in the male threads of an AN fitting into the fuel rail, then you need o-rings.

Another name for the o-ring fittings is O-ring Boss (Earl's brand)

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

My experience with Edelbrock fuel rails is that they are NPT on the rail side.Mine are like that and so are my buddies all on Edelbrock EFI conversion intake manifold kits. No oring like the champions everyone is referring to. If they are not sealing they are eithe not tight enough or there is a crack or something. Permatex high temp sealer is the way to go in my opinion.