biggest turbo?

EatM up

whats the biggest turbo a guy could put on the hot air cars? well a hot air car with a ic?

Do you mean a Hotair Turbo Regal Year with a Intercooled Turbo regal motor?

If it's a IC 86/87 motor, i would say any turbo can fit, depending on how you want it to spool up, what injectors you have, plan on having, Chip, Downpipe, wastegate, skys the limit. You have many many vendors that support the IC motor so many parts to choose from, turbos, cams, whatever. So to answer your question any size would fit. It all depends on what your goals are. Cruzer or Drag demon from hell, trick is a TR is both:cool:

If it's a hotair that's been intercooled (stock turbo location) i say few choices, ex TA33.

Again supporting mods would be/ have to IMO are fuel pump & hotwire kit, TT chip, Adj Fuel pressure regulator, bigger injectors(ex 50lb) Alky.

You want your turbo to max out before your fuel system does IMO

its a ha motor with the ic setup on it. cant a stock 86/87 turbo work on there too? even if i where to move the TB into the charge side of the intercooler pipe

its a ha motor with the ic setup on it. cant a stock 86/87 turbo work on there too? even if i where to move the TB into the charge side of the intercooler pipe

If you do that, you could probably make it work. Lotta fabrication tho.

if the Throttle body is "NOT" attached to the turbo, and the TB is on the pressure side "blow through" then the sky is the limit, if the turbo is still mounted to the turbo or on the suction side (draw through) then your limited to a ta-33 or a turbo that has a carbon seal and carbon seal backing plate.

so when the TB is not attached to the turbo and is on the blow through side i can run any size turbo?? well what is the size before it wont clear the hood? 100m to big lmfao:eek: what are some ideas?

How much power do you want? what are your true goals? Are you also upgrading your fuel system, wastegate, exhaust, electronics??

TA49 turbocharger, Turbochargers & Related Parts, TA49 | Cotton's Performance Buick Grand National Parts & Service

I can't say to much on IC motor since I never work on one, but This turbo seems good all around. The IC section would be much more help.

I would get

1. 50lb injectors

2. TT CHIP TurboTweak - Turbo Buick Custom Chips and Parts

3'' DP

4. Fuel pump & hotwire kit FULL THROTTLE SPEED - FUEL PUMPS AND ACCESSORIES

5. Adjustable FPR

6. LS1 MAF with translator FULL THROTTLE SPEED - MAF Translator Tuning Device

7. Oil coolers

8. Shift kit www.CKPerformance.com

9. Adjustable wastegate

10. Suspension kit FULL THROTTLE SPEED - G-Body Upper & Boxed Lower Cntrl Arm Kit

11. Exhaust system ex hooker,pypes

12. Air intake system with open filter

13. TA49 turbo

14. Alky injection kit DVC-30 Water-Methanol injection system Devilsown

Might have left a few things out but
This should take care of all your speed needs IMO.

What have you done to it?