Biggest legal drag radial in tsm?

KevinB

Since the 325s are illegal, what's the biggest 10.5 inch size allowed?

The way I understand it it's the 275/60. 295/65 is real close but a fraction of an inch too tall.

John

Scott, I must have missed that part. Also, new sizes may have come out since then...not sure. I have 275s now but am not very consistent with them yet. Ran a 9.71 off the foot brake followed up by a 10.9 lol. My car has a fine line with these tires. If I leave too hard they spin and if I go too low the car bogs down pretty bad. I do like the stability of the car going down the track though.

What are you using for a 2-step and what boost controller do you have?

Nothing yet. I'm planning on duplicating a local car's package that works pretty good on dr's:) It may take 2 years due to a limited budget but I'm trying to at least have a goal.

I understand completly. I think those two issues will help your consistancy more than a larger tire. Tony Gomes runs a 275 tire with pretty good success. Obviously, not all drag radials are the same. Depending on how your car works can dictate what brand you should run.

What are you using for a 2-step and what boost controller do you have?

I can answer that for you:D

He has the KFB 1000. It is a very sophisticated system that sends a precisely created series of algorithms from the driver’s cranium directly to his left foot. The cranium processes the release of the left foot and transfers electronic data rapidly to the right foot, causing it to press the accelerator pedal to the floor instantly:eek:

The two step is what the above mentioned motion with the feet is called. It takes a highly skilled driver to do perform it.;)

Hope that helps.

Could you please post pic's of the KFB 1000. I am very interested in getting one.........:cool:

That was too funny Sam. Luckly we run a pro tree, usually the boost will only go to 20 psi or so lol. Not enough time to go higher:)

Rmar.. No pic needed. Just imagine a spring from the drum brakes holding the internal wastegate shut:)

AS per the 2009 and 2007 Rules

• Rear DOT street tires w/sidewall designation up to and including a 29.5” x 12.5” - 15” size tires are allowed.

Given the success of a few guys on drag radials, it seems that we all might have jumped the gun on the vote last year. I voted for the 325's and still think they should be legal. Everyone I have talked to in TSM has said they voted for it, but somehow it managed to get voted down.

I say an emergency session should be called and the subject reconsidered !

Dont forget to buy that G-body rear brake hardware kit.Instuctions remove one big blue spring .........Dispose of any contents left.............Add spring to turbo wastegate DONE
KFB boost controller