Big Stu's Mini ProMod GN in the works!!!

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
There is a new Pro Street Type GN coming together to terrorize all unsuspecting victims. The car is a real GN that started out as my little street car, and then with a little help from a Chris Alston Back Half Kit and 12 Molly Cage it began its transformation. I also purchased a full stage 2 short block from my friend Ernest who had picked it up from Mike Licht before his car was stolen. On a trip to Duttweiler’s I picked up a set up custom Duttweiler/ Watt Stainless TT Headers, Billet Fabrication Dry Sump Pan and Hogan Sheet Metal Intake. Kenny also ordered up a set up Chapman Stage 2 Heads with the Best Late Model Casting. These are the same heads that went 6.89 @ 204 MPH in the Cutlass. Also after seeing the Danny Bee Belt drive I had to buy one of those as well.

After about a year I ended up finding the perfect lady and got married.
I decided against her wishes to sell the car to put us in a better financial position.
A friend and local club member Tyson picked it up bought lost interest in it with all that was going on in his life. That brings us to the current owner and the man that will finish my dream.

Big Stu is a great guy and a Hard Core Buick and drag racing nut. Even as a father of two young children and a husband he still finds time to work on the beast.
He has already completed the third member on the car with some top shelf carbon fiber brakes. The rest of the rear includes Strange 40 Spline Gun Drilled Axels, 4.57 Pro Gear. Next he started to front halve the car to take some weight out of it. Strange Struts, Disk Brakes, Rack and Pinion along with some Lamb Brake Parts help complete a competition front end. He is hoping to get the car down to about 2600lbs almost like a mini pro mod!
Next on the list are a set of 70MM Turbos, a power glide tranny and last but no least a carbon fiber front end. Once the car is finished he plans to run it at some local tracks and a couple Buick Events. If he has time the PSCA Outlaw Street Class might find a Big Black Buick in its ranks.

Stu is too cool and modest to give you any projections for how hard the car should run.
Unfortunately I do not suffer from the same character traits.
I would fully expect some low 7s when all is said and done.
As the car progresses I will post more pictures.

Attachments

• dsc00184 (2).jpg
    dsc00184 (2).jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 424
Carbor Fiber Brakes

Attachments

• DSC00174 (2).JPG
    DSC00174 (2).JPG
    146 KB · Views: 411
Fab 9 Rear End

Attachments

• DSC00175 (2).JPG
    DSC00175 (2).JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 400
A few years ago, a *friend* tossed a carbon fiber rotor off an Indy car at me, yelling catch at the same moment. It really caught me off guard just how light it was. It seemed like it was only a couple oz., when in fact it was probably at 7-8 oz.

Small Wheel Tubs!!!

Attachments

• DSC00176 (2).JPG
    DSC00176 (2).JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 403
Basic Cage, more bars and funny car cage around Big Stu himself are coming soon.

Attachments

• DSC00183 (2).JPG
    DSC00183 (2).JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 393
bruce said:
A few years ago, a *friend* tossed a carbon fiber rotor off an Indy car at me, yelling catch at the same moment. It really caught me off guard just how light it was. It seemed like it was only a couple oz., when in fact it was probably at 7-8 oz.

Bruce,

Since this in my thread I can hijack it, still looking for your file!!! :D

Thanks john, you are a good guy. Sorry to everybody for how dirty the pics are, I live in a house that backs a huge cinder mining operation and dirt is a problem to say the least. My friend and I are going to continue on with the chassis work, still a lot to do including a full sfi funny car cage and more mounts and bars and some more bars. :D The car as it sits right now weighs about 1080 pounds, so it should be nice and light all said and done. :)

Chapman Stage 2 Heads. I will not tell you how much they cost... :frown:

Attachments

• dsc00187 (2).jpg
    dsc00187 (2).jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 403
Hogan Intake, Headers, Danny Bee, notice how Kenny spelled my name wrong on the block!!!! :mad:

Attachments

• DSC00185 (2).JPG
    DSC00185 (2).JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 403
A little bit cranky!!!

Attachments

• DSC00186 (2).JPG
    DSC00186 (2).JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 394
Looks like she will have the best of the best!!! Looks good so far, please make sure to keep us updated with pics as you make more progress :) :cool:

86brick said:
Looks like she will have the best of the best!!! Looks good so far, please make sure to keep us updated with pics as you make more progress :) :cool:

No problem, should have some more done this week, waiting on a rack from strange and some miscellaneous tabs and brakets for the front. :)

Dusty Bradford said:
That should be more than a handful when it's done. Nice work,

Thank you dusty, it's definitly a project. Should have seen it when I pushed it into my garage from being outside for a few years. :eek: How's your ride coming? :)

I'm working on the XFI harness now. I have it ran under the hood and am working to get it wired up to it's power sources, then a few of the connections need some length added to them. I built the upper radiator hose out of stainless and mounted the FAST box and completed the vent system. Waiting on some wiring parts now so I can jump into finishing the wiring. It's coming along, just slow.