Big man with the Civic

progress1vebmx

Asian man #1
Up here at Minot - there is lots and lots of rice. Whew, it's pretty bad. I was up getting some oil at the local store and I see the SRT4 guy and his friend. They were buying windshield wiper lights and a "carbon fiber" shift knob thing (later on he returned it because he couldn't get it on).

Anyways, the guy in the SRT4 is normally talking crap - then the Civic guy asks what car I own. I tell him it's an old Buick Regal, 87. He asks me if I want to race him - I tell him i'll race him for money, but he says he has none. I wouldn't be suprised. Anyways, he asks what I have done to my car which I reply with the normal, "some minor mods to the 3.8 v6". The guy with the SRT4 says I have more than that.

Well, I tell him that I have a small turbo on it, nothing special (being sarcastic). He doesn't understand... he was seriously confused about what I meant. "Small turbo, what the hell are you talking about?" - "Are you stupid? They don't make turbos for 6 cyls, only v4's" - "They make them for imports, 6 and 8cyls use superchargers". I looked at this guy in dismay... wondering, how.. just... how or why he would come up with this ridiculous information. This just boggles me. Not keeping my cool, unfortuneately I then tell him how big of an idiot he is - in front of a few people working at the store. I talked a lot of **** about if he knew what a ricer was - he was a ricer - he didn't know anything about cars - blah blah. I pretty much shut him down...

Long story short - I guess todays youth is coming out to think that turbochargers are only made for "v4's" and superchargers are made for the "big american muscle cars".

Sad up here, really.

too bad you couldnt of raced him and showed him what a little turbo on a v6 does!

i have come across many people that just dont understand the concept of an older car with a v6 being fast... constantly being told it has a 350 after winning a race and telling them it is just a 6!:confused:

well at least you shut 1 fool up... maybe he will spread the word to all his other buddies

now you have to challenge him again in front of everyone and see how he wimps out of it!

You should only educate the ones that want to learn, Not the ones that know everything already. The kids these days crack me up.:D

"I tell him i'll race him for money, but he says he has none. I wouldn't be suprised. Anyways, he asks what I have done to my car"

there was your 1st mistake. if they dont' have money don't talk to them. you knew he was a ricer long before he spoke one word. its like they have a radio transmiter in their head that brodcasts out "V4,V4"or something like that. other ricers think its cool, the rest of us think there idiots.

i've been in that situation quite a few times. i always tell them its a big old heavy boat with a v6, get some money, race me, and after you loose i'll tell you more. that usually gets them pretty mad, sometimes they find some money in their wallet after they are mad...

as fun as it is to tell them they are idiots, its so much more enjoyable to tell them there idiots, while you have some of their money.

Originally posted by JP87GN
You should only educate the ones that want to learn, Not the ones that know everything already. The kids these days crack me up.:D

most kids crack you up:) . im 20 and always get "why dont you sell that big grandma car and get something fast" i just give them the good ole :rolleyes: and slowly walk away.

I'm not that old myself at 30 but most of the kids these days don't know what fast really is. There is always exceptions. My little bro is 18 and him and his friends are clueless!

oh ok i just didnt want you to think that all kids were clueless. i cant blame you though 99.8 percent are.

That has to be one of the most disturbing stories I've heard in recent history. As a fellow SRT owner, I feel the need to apologize on his behalf, but alas, I refuse to associate with such nimrods if possible, so I won't. If it weren't for GNs, I wouldn't even have an SRT, ok I'm done.

Being a kid myself (21) i must say i agree that the the kids my age and below are damn fools. most of them anyway, this one kid thought it would be cool to complelty gut his muffler and polk holes on the bottom of it and remove his cat. oh by the way he has a 90's lumina a friggen lumina what kind of terd does that. so i said what the hell are you doing he tells me that the car is much faster now, ahhhhh i wanted to hit him with a hammer. i have a ton more but that one was the most current. i rather a lot of the kids be stupid because then when the kids that do know what is going on (the ones here on this board ;) ) everybody is shocked.

Originally posted by progress1vebmx
...turbochargers are only made for "v4's" ...

V4's huh? Damn I didn't know STR-(v)4's came with Baja Racing SCAT engines...lmao. All this time I thought it was a measly inline 4. :rolleyes:

The secret to the SRT-4 (Ricer version) is to add 1 or more V-Tec stickers, plus a few unknown Japanese character stickers. This 'uncorks' the entire system and cuts a well-know 2 seconds of the quarter mile time.

Adding a huge fart can is like strapping on a mini jet engine. Good for another 1 second reduction.

I love this high tech stuff - it's so mysterious, like voodoo even. You just go faster.

I think reclining your seat wayyy back helps the aerodynamics as well. It must, because so many wicked fast cars are doing it.

J

YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THE WING ON THE BACK, YOU KNOW THE ONE'S THAT LOOK LIKE THEY CAME OFF A WIDEBODY JET!!!

Originally posted by JoeNational
Being a kid myself (21) i must say i agree that the the kids my age and below are damn fools. most of them anyway, this one kid thought it would be cool to complelty gut his muffler and polk holes on the bottom of it and remove his cat. oh by the way he has a 90's lumina a friggen lumina what kind of terd does that. so i said what the hell are you doing he tells me that the car is much faster now, ahhhhh i wanted to hit him with a hammer. i have a ton more but that one was the most current. i rather a lot of the kids be stupid because then when the kids that do know what is going on (the ones here on this board ;) ) everybody is shocked.

yes, one of my pet peeves. I hate it when people do that, you know back in the day (I'm 21 for chrissake) that meant you were too POOR to afford another one and yours had rotted off to the pipe.

Originally posted by progress1vebmx

Not keeping my cool, unfortuneately I then tell him how big of an idiot he is - in front of a few people working at the store. I talked a lot of **** about if he knew what a ricer was - he was a ricer - he didn't know anything about cars - blah blah. I pretty much shut him down...

God Bless You! :D

That was hilarious.

The only thing you left out was the part where you broke his jaw for calling you an idiot. :mad:

This is the last place I'd see people making fun of SRT-4's. In the 1980's Buick introduced these Turbocharged Regals and people couldn't believe they could be fast without having a lot of cubic inches, but they were wrong. Now people are making fun of the SRT-4, which runs high 13's at over 100 mph stock and is easy to modify. It's also quite affordable. Me and my 346 cubic inch V8 have been humbled more than once. Gotta give credit where credit is due.;)
Hey Progress, have I met you in St. Louis? I remember a young Asian guy like you came into the Blockbuster Video at Page and 170 where I work and he had a cute girlfriend and a really nicely modified Grand National.

I like to think ive gone the anti ricer route with my mod selection, under my hood I look stock, just installed a ported tb, last night put on a 3" turboback exhaust with single tip, rolled the bumper so I look like a regular neon sorta, plus I ordered an sxt wing and as soon as my tax refund arrives ill be adding stage 2 so...not all SRT owners behave like honda fanbois, its just horribly sad when they bear their ugly head though.

strange hmmmm i never heard of a v4 gadda be someting new nowadays,anyway i posted many times, these assholes about 9 out of 10 dont know **** about ****. i see it all the time in barnes and knoble always looking at the jap crap, saying this, im going too do this,and yo that is tight son look, others only talk on hearsay or what someone else did or saw. all crap dont buy it. i would have beat that fag down. sorry need too vent but people are just blind or numb too what they see and think. i am a gen x er but since i can remember muscle cars and yes even fiord have always been in my life, yes i own jap crap and they are both modded,but for more acceleration and passing power thats it. no dumb ass stickers of names and parts that arent on the car, a dumb wing, ha ha i do have the infamous farter tho anyway it makes me puke still. by the way still looking for a gn im tired of living threw my friends any help would help.ha. piece my niizzle's fo shizzle

I got a v4!On my 83 Honda Magna v65.I'm only 30 but i'm all old school.I own a 76 Vega you should see hear how many "what's a Vega" i get.One of the reasons i'm putting a GN motor in my ride is just to race the "sport compact "class at my local track on friday nights.

your putting a gn motor in a vega???

if you do let me know, i actually sold a 40k mile near perfect 75 vega gt so i could afford my t-type. now i'm looking for a 71-73 vega to hopefully give the engine in my t-type.

Originally posted by boostedgm
strange hmmmm i never heard of a v4 gadda be someting new thats it...

left_01.jpg