"BIG GUN SHOOTOUT" update @ BG

Hey guys , I didnt take your comments personal. Just stating the simple facts!!! As far as quick 16 goes , Mr Heckler has already stated that he doesnt want us in his class , and he will take his ball and go home if were allow to run!! So as previously stated , were not wanted!! Mike:cool:

I still don't understand why they're not allowed in a bracket class. :confused: Rails and door cars compete against each other every weekend all across the country at all local bracket programs.

I still don't understand why they're not allowed in a bracket class. :confused: Rails and door cars compete against each other every weekend all across the country at all local bracket programs.

I agree 100%. There is NO GOOD REASON not to let the dragsters run. What I can't understand is why the GSCA seems to want to destroy the Nationals by implementing ridiculous rules and the ever popular changing of rules? We need some different type of vehicles to give people something to come and see. Even I have to admit that it can get boring watching pair after pair after pair of GNs go down the track. We are such a small niche that has become so divided over this kind of crap.:confused:

Dusty, I believe that I could run in the bracket class there , BUT that seems like a bad idea to me. Im not sure what the minimum ET is for bracket 1 . I wouldnt want to run a 13 second car and have a closing rate of 100+ MPH at the finish line. I dont think that the 13 second car would like that to much either!! Plus I have seen them run those cars back to back and that just not possible with my car. Mike:cool:

I wouldnt want to run a 13 second car and have a closing rate of 100+ MPH at the finish line. I dont think that the 13 second car would like that to much either!!

I am with you an that one, at the last BOP event at Bristol my son ran his street car because we had blown up the GN. In one round he was up against at rail with a supercharged BBB that I think was running low 7's. My son was at over half track when the rail left and he said it looked like a rocket coming at him. My son eased over to the wall to have more room between him and the rail. He said that when the rail went by it felt like it sucked all of the air out of his car. My son got there first thanks to a .003 light but it just don't seem right that a 14.1 second car beats a 7 second car.

Mike, hope to see you this time and hope to see you make a pass someday.

Jim

I agree 100%. There is NO GOOD REASON not to let the dragsters run. What I can't understand is why the GSCA seems to want to destroy the Nationals by implementing ridiculous rules and the ever popular changing of rules? We need some different type of vehicles to give people something to come and see. Even I have to admit that it can get boring watching pair after pair after pair of GNs go down the track. We are such a small niche that has become so divided over this kind of crap.:confused:
i would really like to see a class for the guys changing over to v8 turbo. this would bring car count up and bring out some very cool and fast stuff. reguardless of the type of motor, as long as it's buick body.

I am with len. V8 turbo cars should be allowed. That is the way it is going. It is cheeper than a v6 and make more power. AS LONG A IT IS A BUICK!!!!!!!! I was told I can not take my gnx cause it has a chevy engine. who cares what is under the hood it is what the body is what counts. Fords and geo metro's are let in if thay are buick powered. The rules shoud be eather buick powered or buick body. not one and not the outher.

jim schmittinger

Great video, and awesome interview.... Car looks awesome Len!

Dusty, I believe that I could run in the bracket class there , BUT that seems like a bad idea to me. Im not sure what the minimum ET is for bracket 1 . I wouldnt want to run a 13 second car and have a closing rate of 100+ MPH at the finish line. I dont think that the 13 second car would like that to much either!! Plus I have seen them run those cars back to back and that just not possible with my car. Mike:cool:

I know they do break it down so you don't run a 13 second car but you'd probably still run a 9 second car. As fast as yours is that's still a lot of closing speed.

Great to here, we can split a pound of ice cream, 50 sense a peace or I know of a steak house where they only serve the finest quality meet.

No no steak for you that offer is just to richie for using my trailer.:biggrin: But speaking of ice Im glad they sell it by the pound. Because ice or meet both work in my opinion a little steak first then ice cream to settle it all down.:) Cut it out Art Im getting anxious already!!!!:)

My good buddy Jeff got a shiner about 6 weeks ago ( I wont go into details:biggrin: ) and he neglected to put ice on it or steak and his eye still has a mark under it. Does anyone know if that really works?

Ouch! was it a fist or a boot?

Attachments

• jeff.jpg
    jeff.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 166
He got a few lucky punches in but, I still think I won the fight... "Happy Gilmore";)