Big A** rearend

ITSNOTAGN

Shadow Master
Got the new rear today. 9" g-body housing with 31 spline mosers, lightened spool and 11" disk brakes. All from Quick performance. This was a very good buy in my opinion. $1220 for all of it including shipping. This also included 1/2" wheelstuds, full bearing and install kit. The only things left to get are a carrier and gears, which i got for $90. Plus those brakes are HUGE, should stop considerably better than the stock drums.
Also theres updated pics of what my project is looking like currently. Almost ready to go!
Grrh77 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gary

Great deal, they said they are Wilwood rotors, so did you get Wilwood calipers for only $100 extra?? If so how many pistons were in them??

To bad they didn't offer star flanging to the axles but gun drilling is ok for only $75.

Not to far away being Iowa, I wonder how much shipping was?

Got the new rear today. 9" g-body housing with 31 spline mosers, lightened spool and 11" disk brakes. All from Quick performance. This was a very good buy in my opinion. $1220 for all of it including shipping. This also included 1/2" wheelstuds, full bearing and install kit. The only things left to get are a carrier and gears, which i got for $90. Plus those brakes are HUGE, should stop considerably better than the stock drums.
Also theres updated pics of what my project is looking like currently. Almost ready to go!
Grrh77 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gary

sorry for the hijack, but we're practically neighbors. i'm only about 30 miles away- need any help getting that thing in your car?

WTF! Where the hell did you come from?! I didnt think there was anyone else around here, that would do anything with their car anyway. I wouldnt say i need any help, but i would def like to check out your ride and stuff sometime. Suprised you never saw me around, i used to take that way down to garfield all the time in the summer. Youll have to PM me some info
And i have no idea what rotors they are, i was gonna call and check that. Doubt ill need any new ones for 10 years or so anyway, but it would be nice to know. They are a very nice heavy rotor too.
Also shipping was just over $100. I think the total bill was just a hair over 1100 and the shipping was like $110 or so.
Gary

I bought the same setup

from them, and also bought a strange 3rd member, w/ 35 spline spool, 1350 yoke, etc, etc,
very nice quality piece, they(QP) were very good to work with, and I would recommend them. their prices are the best around.
I had my housing built 2 in narrower, as I'm going to notch the frame,
was just looking at your pics, DAMM , :eek: thats a big looking buick V6!!!!!!!!
what LS2 is that? ( cu in) please keep the pics comming, looking good!
thanks

Judging from your engine and turbo setup there, I'd be upgrading to at least a 33 spline, preferrably 35, and maybe even a larger wheel stud size. I think you're going to have a monster there.

I just installed a Willwood rear disc brake kit with the 6 piston calipers and after a few seating in runs the brakes are a definite improvement over the Ford style drums I was using. I can easily make the turn out at my home track now. Clearance is tight in the wheels. Watch out for the balance weights. I had to massage the calipers a little with the good ol' file.

WTF! Where the hell did you come from?! I didnt think there was anyone else around here, that would do anything with their car anyway. I wouldnt say i need any help, but i would def like to check out your ride and stuff sometime. Suprised you never saw me around, i used to take that way down to garfield all the time in the summer. Youll have to PM me some info
i'm actually relatively new to the area- going on 2 years now- but my mom and brothers have been up here since '94. i lived outside of Garfield 2 years ago. i work in Fergus Falls, and my boss is the original owner of an 87 GN that he has only put about 100 miles on in the last 10 years. nice car- 100% stock except for an upgraded fuel pump with a hotwire kit and an adjustable regulator from JaysGN. but it's just kind of languishing in his garage.. i've also seen a few other GN's running around, so there are turbo Buicks in the vicinity. they just never come out to play.
do you ever take your car up to the 1/4 mile track up by Fargo? i was thinking of hitting that track this summer if i get my trans rebuilt.
but, yeah, anyways, shoot me a PM and we can see about meeting up somewhere sometime. if you need some help working on the car, i've generally got nothing going on during the weekends and i like helping out on other people's junk once in a while, since i can't afford to upgrade my own junk to better junk.

Judging from your engine and turbo setup there, I'd be upgrading to at least a 33 spline, preferrably 35, and maybe even a larger wheel stud size. I think you're going to have a monster there.

I just installed a Willwood rear disc brake kit with the 6 piston calipers and after a few seating in runs the brakes are a definite improvement over the Ford style drums I was using. I can easily make the turn out at my home track now. Clearance is tight in the wheels. Watch out for the balance weights. I had to massage the calipers a little with the good ol' file.

Correction! 4 piston calipers. Don't know where the 6 came from. Wishful thinking maybe.

Thanks for the input Don. I dont think i will ever need to go larger than the 31 spline axles. I am only planning on about 700whp tops (on pump gas ;) ) and i wont have a roll bar anyways. So its really not going to be that fast, its a street car, not a track car.
Also i did opt for the 1/2" wheelstuds, dont think breaking those will be a problem either. Remember that i was running a bone stock 140k mile 8.5" last year! And it didnt break!

BTW, I'll be sending you a PM soon, i go to I-dragwways at least once a month, and race from time to time. Also i go over to FF or Fargo once a week or so. I'll Let you know, might need help this weekend if it rains
Gary