BHJ internally balanced balancers......3.5deg off?

jdpolzin

I just got off the phone with my buddy (RapidoV6) and he said he read somewhere that these BHJ balancers are 3.5 degrees advanced. Is this true? He checked his comapred to a stock balancer and his was off. He also had to modify his crank sensor bracket to make it work. Anybody else have these issues? My motor is just about finished so if i need to have the builder fix this 3.5 degree issue, I better do it now. Are all of these this way?

Mine is 1* off. Get an adjustable timing light and force the computer into diagnostic mode (15* advance) check it with the timing light. If it's off then add timing accordingly to your chip, fast or whatever fuel management you have.

If you are running an aftermarket fuel managment ( FAST,BIG STUFF ETC...)this is not a problem and can be rectified in your global parameters

And if you're running the stock ECM here is a copy and paste of the spark timing global parameter.

15E C7 199 70 (D/256)*90 Spark reference angle deg KREFANGL

If you have a fast, big stuff you have to do it anyway when you set the crank reference angle.

Im not sure right now if I am going to wait to get the FAST system to run the car or run it for a while with the stock ECM.

TurboPaul, how do I use that info to help me???

Mine is 1* off. Get an adjustable timing light and force the computer into diagnostic mode (15* advance) check it with the timing light. If it's off then add timing accordingly to your chip, fast or whatever fuel management you have.

Not to bring up an old post but I am having trouble checking my timing. I have a timing light that is adjustable but I cant seem to adjust the light to accurately read the indicator. I adjusted the timing light all the way and still cant get it. Culd you let me know what the correct process is? By the way, I no longer have a stock ECM, I'm running an XFI now so will it still go into diagnostic mode?