BGC chip?

Patriot_tech

Hi all,
I have been out of the scene for a couple years and recently bought another 87 GN. 28K, still has original Goodyears on it. It does look like it was modded at some point and then returned to mostly stock. Previous owner had it for 12 years and put 4k on it.

I have noticed that the car had a hesitation and it would produce what I would call a 'CHUF' sound as though it were sucking in alot of air at once.
Never had a service engine light though.

The chip in it has an orange sticker with 'BGC' printed on it. The underside has 'T3 MPN (maybe MPH) written in pencil.

The car is stock other than 3" DP, K&N intake, and volt booster. We checked Fuel Pressure and it is right around 30# which seems low iirc. I will be getting an adj fp reg and rail mount fp gauge and scan master soon.

The guy I bought it from knows these cars and we put in a stock chip. The car runs much smoother although there is a noticeable difference in power, but I noticed it bucks a little when downshifting- like when you are coming up to a stop sign.

I don't think the BGC chip is the right one, I guess I am hoping there are no other problems I should be looking at. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!