BGC Alky Kit

In the past I have read maybe 3 or 4 times that they are pretty much considered outdated and well, garbage. Maybe that has changed, I don't know.

I have never seen one or considered one.

Good luck, hopefully you will get replies from somone who uses or has used the kit.

i've got one...... in a box. it's crap and doesn't do anything worthwile. about the only results mine got was hydrolocking my engine when i parked it facing downhill.

earl

From what I've seen and heard (albeit in the past), they just used a windsheild washer pump which doesn't produce near enough pressure/volume to do the job correctly. Keep in mind, if the kit is cheap enough, you can replace the pump with something more suitable for $65-$100 and utilze the other parts of the kit... but it'd have to be pretty darn cheap!

More $$$ but SMC seems to be THE way to go!

Forget the alky kit question. I wouldn't recommend giving them money for anything. Trust me on this one. E-mail me personally if you want to know why, or check with the Greater Atlanta Better Business Bureau.

Jim

Hey! He was thinking on buying the kit from me.:( I had it for a year and never had a problem with it except getting the vacume switch to work. It does work in getting rid of the knock at 17lbs of boost on pump gas. But did had several problems the pump( windsheild washer pump ) died because the use of methenol. How $75 bucks! Should had traded for the rim?

Originally posted by TurboV6
Hey! He was thinking on buying the kit from me.:( I had it for a year and never had a problem with it except getting the vacume switch to work. It does work in getting rid of the knock at 17lbs of boost on pump gas. But did had several problems the pump( windsheild washer pump ) died because the use of methenol. How $75 bucks! Should had traded for the rim?

Just to set the record straight: I don't have a problem with the kit - just the vendor. I don't know anything about their alky kit....

Jim