Bfg's or Firestone's 255's

krom415

Need to buy a set for stock gn rims (rears) ..there both in the same price range ..street tires anybody have any experience w/either ?

i have firestone 255/60s on my ttype wheels. i like em well enough. don't drive in the rain much, but they do fairly well in the wet. and i cut a 1.93 60' once with em too. not great but they arent a bad tire. they fit the rim real well too.

I have used both and VASTLY prefer the Firestones. Better dry traction, better wet traction, better handling. They even do very well in snow.

I have used both and VASTLY prefer the Firestones. Better dry traction, better wet traction, better handling. They even do very well in snow.

Ditto for me--except no snow experience here in Myrtle Beach...
The BFG TA's will likely last longer, being a harder compound--but you pay for that in LESS bite (both straight ahead and cornering...).

Either one is an excellent choice. I have experience w/ both. Firestones are a newer tire technology than the BFG's, thats the only thing Ill throw out there for ya....................... my WE4 has BFG's, they were on it................. next set will be Indy's:cool:

Black wall out if on a aftermarket wheel, white letter out if a stock wheel. + another vote for the Firehawk Indy 500s

Ten years ago the white letter tires were really popular, I even put a few sets on some GNs and a T-type at the tire shop I worked at. I was just wondering if that had changed much. Still torn on my Regal. It has white letter tires on it now, but the photoshop I did of the completed car has them black, which is what I'm leaning towards.

Ten years ago the white letter tires were really popular, I even put a few sets on some GNs and a T-type at the tire shop I worked at. I was just wondering if that had changed much. Still torn on my Regal. It has white letter tires on it now, but the photoshop I did of the completed car has them black, which is what I'm leaning towards.

You should have already rec'd a pretty good idea from this thread re "what others prefer...". Now, the decision is entirely yours & should be what "you want"--not what you think "others would prefer to see"...

This is one of our very simple decision options--only two (2) choices logically available (blackwall IN or OUT)... Whereas, many other decisions have MANY options TO CONSIDER...

Monte