Beware of repro map sensor vac line plug

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
The rubber adapter connector that goes from the hard plastic line to the map sensor is available in the parts stores. But its crappy plastic type material and heres what happens. Thankfully ill had yet to get into boost on my new engine when i caught it.

ForumRunner_20120831_115806.png

Thanks turbo nasty! After reading this I went out and looked at mine and they were dry rotted and one was cracked and split too. I will have to replace and then keep a close eye on them.

Those replacement ones at the auto part store are good for about four months and they go to hell. They don't have the right size hole for the MAP and stretch it out causing it to crack very fast.

what happens to car when they go bad? no boost build? etc? just asking might be silly to ask just want to know 100%

what happens to car when they go bad? no boost build? etc? just asking might be silly to ask just want to know 100%

On a stock car. The Factory boost gage doesn't work. If you run a progressive alky system though......

mushroom-cloud.jpg

You should take the 5v needed for the sensor from the tps or a sensor that will throw a code if for some reason the ECM doesn't get feedback. If you use the wire that goes through the dash the boost gauge could fail and the MAP sensor could possibly not see any voltage. This will cost you big time. Use a zip tied piece of hose at minimum. Super glue is better. Using a good aem sensor threaded directly into the intake is best. You can get an adapter harness for the aem sensors from Caspers or make your own. I think its a late tps connector.

Just put some 7/32 vacuum hose from nipple on intake to map sensor nipple. Zip tie both ends.. bada bing.. your done.

Get rid of the old plastic tubing and adapter ends..

The AC Delco brand vacuum hose rocks :D

Just put some 7/32 vacuum hose from nipple on intake to map sensor nipple. Zip tie both ends.. bada bing.. your done.

Get rid of the old plastic tubing and adapter ends..

The AC Delco brand vacuum hose rocks :D

I must have read your mind...I did just that last week!