Best way to smoke/Blackout tail lights.

yarbeau

Darth Vader
I've been looking around lately for the best way to blackout my tail lights.
Seeing pics of various cars alot of owners have managed to do it and it looks awesome.

What products did you guys use. film tint or spray on.
I'm leaning toward VHT nite shades product but i dont know what the results would bring.

How often do you get troubled with the tint by law enforcement. I know any alterations to tail lights is illegal but I see it everyday and it doesnt seem a big issue.

Derek.

the best way (IMO) is to send them to me.

Someone else will chime in and say to send them to jon's tinted tails, a good guy also, (from what i've seen).

Nightshades doesn't let enough of the bulb light through the lens. and spray paint doesn't let any light through.

i've never had any issues with "the man" over my lights, and i consider mine to be very dark.

Pull them off, put some black pantyhose over them, reinstall LOL:biggrin:...Believe it or not I actually saw this :eek:On an SRT-4 though, not a GN...thank god

Toofast those look real good.

Can you tell me what they look like when applying the brake. can you see the lights very well? thats a major concern I'm having

DSCN0497.jpg

there are some other pictures in photobucket (darrensdogs) i'm pretty sure. check out how bright they still are compared to the 3rd brake, (btw the window tint is less than 20%) and remember my car has been in the process of being built for the past few years.

pm sent:smile:

i only do these from time to time. it takes alot of work and time to get them to the lasting result i get, and the materials aren't cheap. i'm open to doing a few sets (just to use the material i currently do have before it goes bad).

Let me know as well. I need to find a set of lights to send to you.

Thanks
Bryan

Toofast those look real good.

Can you tell me what they look like when applying the brake. can you see the lights very well? thats a major concern I'm having

Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures showing how they look when applying the brakes...but I've had them for over three years now without any problem.

Claude.

Those look killer Claude. Might have to entertain that myself. What was the cost? Did u go with the DARK or MEDIUM tint? I'm guessing DARK?

If you want to go brighter lighting, add Scot w's digital LEDs. My lights are tinted so black that they match the car. But when I tap the brake, you can see them light up for days. :D

05.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

Those look killer Claude. Might have to entertain that myself. What was the cost? Did u go with the DARK or MEDIUM tint? I'm guessing DARK?

It's called "medium-dark". I don't remember the exact cost, but it was something like $125. approximately (for the taillights). I also had the front bumper-mounted parking lamps done also in "medium-dark"...:wink:...(see below)
Next on the list are the two front upper marker lights! (not done yet)...:biggrin:

Claude. :)