Best way to get these cars to hook?

You need to start out with what you shock / spring combo is and figure out the rest from there. Take me for example. When I had stock worn out springs with airbags in the rear I was able to pull 1.6 60's with DR's on a 12 second car. Now that I have stiffened the chassis, put on SPC springs, and Bilstien HD's, my rear end lifts up when I hit the gas and the tires let loose. This is because my instant center is now 2 feet in front of the car thanks to the lower center of gravity and change in suspension geometry. The stiff springs / shocks only hurt that more. The only thing I can do to fix it now is adjust the rear control arms to get that instant center moved back. I will be buying the UCA kit from Baseline Suspensions to do this.

I dont bother with trying to make the car hook on the street it just does not work well..... plus I have had enough run in's with the boys in blue and I am tired of giving them my money so I dont street race any more. my car does pretty good at the track I can pull 1.6 60's with a nitto DR and they are not as sticky as the Mickey T's.....now on the street its a different story the car used to hook decent on the street but that was before I learned I had a malfunctioning converter....installed a new converter and now traction is not a word I use on the street they just go up in smoke from a 20-30 mph roll and from a dig forget about it......I dont even have to stall it just stab it and the car rolls about 15 feet and then its all smoke!!! Its fun on the street but as I mentioned it hooks at the track and thats where it counts!

my combo:

Eibach pro spring kit
South side upper and lower control arms
Urethane bushings
Lake Wood adjustable shocks 90/10 up front 50/50 in back
Air bags(only really used at the track. it makes the car ride hard on the street)
Stock rear sway bar......no front sway bar
275/50/15 Drag radials

As I said the car does a 1.6 with this and that was with my other converter and only a 6psi launch.....as soon as the track opens I hope to get in the 1.5's with the new converter.

MT ET Streets. 255/50-16 is what I'm using. They hook nice. ATR rear sway bar, no front sway bar. Rest is in signature. 1.6 60 ft.

update went to the track this past sunday. 6.60@ 105.5 1.50 60ft on the foot brake and 2 step! on the 255/60 15 mt radials

SloGN said:
update went to the track this past sunday. 6.60@ 105.5 1.50 60ft on the foot brake and 2 step! on the 255/60 15 mt radials

Congrats! I can't wait to start working on my 60s when the snow lifts.

Same tires.

255 or 275 DR's or the 275x MT DR.
TRZ control arms, adjustable uppers fore sure.
Comp Engineering drag shocks.
Lower control arm relocation brackets to move your IC back and get some anti squat.
HR parts n stuff anti roll bar (IMO best quality piece on the market, helps launches and great for handling too). Every G body I own has this bar on it!
Tons more more out there as well if you want to spend the $ as Nick mentioned, plus tuning. I have cut 1.58 60' on a 12 sec car with the above.

Thats awesome!

Where do you live?.......tracks in my area are still closed for another month:(