Best way to E-brake launch

buickGN3:16

i've been hearing alot about ebrake launching to build more boost to launch under with a stock setup. it pushes me or spins the tires at the tree if i try to footbrake anymore than 3or 4psi. My brakes are stock other than aluminum rears drums. Except they have been converted to vaccum aftr the powermaster failed several times! " sigh " so anyway im wondering how most of yall do this ebrake launch thing & does it help boost launch for better et's?

The best way to ebrake launch is by NOT doing it. Your asking for problems and a lot of headaches that way. Buy a Stageright transbrake and call it a day.

Basically you press the parking brake to the floor when staged. You tie a string to the brake handle release, sit back in seat, brake boost like normal except now there is more pressure on the rears. When ready you would pull the string and your foot off the brake while slamming the gas pedal through the floor.

Sent while curing depression with boost.

The best way to ebrake launch is by NOT doing it. Your asking for problems and a lot of headaches that way. Buy a Stageright transbrake and call it a day.
i dont know how to use a transbrake!! nor do i wanna break my crank in half

90% get away with doing this. There is a margin of error 10% because I have only heard of people who know of people who broke their backing plates while ebraking.
I have done this for years and never any problems. I have launched one of my cars at 18psi on the Ebrake. JD has hundreds of passes on the Ebrake.
Stage
Press the E brake down
Pump brakes with some vacuum
Hold down brakes very hard and hold gas pedal to floor
Get to desired boost
Release Ebrake with rope and release foot brake at same time
Hold on.
I suggest flooring the car to go into fuel enrichment.

I am able to hold a lot of boost just by pumping the brakes a second time; also vacuum. It's the multiple pumps that gets them set hard and then you don't need to worry about the backing plates or the coordination. It's a trick getting that second pump in before deep staging though. I launched at 12+psi at BG with this method to run my 11.34 in my sig on a 1.52 60'.

My brakes are stock other than aluminum rears drums.

Keep an eye on those aluminum drums because they will not take the beating like the steel ones. I had a set and they completely disintegrated just off foot brake launches. JMO.