Best Tru Cool LPD cooler?

HUENEMEGN

Hello All,

I would like some advise as I'm ready to purchasing a transmission cooler. I'm having some transmission heating issues. So my questions is what is better to buy:

Tru cool item #4454- 18,000gvw . 7 1/4 X 11 X 3/4

Or
Tru Cool item #4588- 19,000gvw. 5 3/4 X 11 X 1 1/2 . The smallest of the three but was thinking of adding a fan to this cooler ?
Or

Tru Cool item #4589-24,000gvw. 8 X 11 X 1 1/2

What would run my transmission cooler ?
Or should I just run a fan to these coolers regardless or is it necessary ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hayden 1679

Attachments

• 1447101142633.jpg
    1447101142633.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 135
Hayden 1679

Looks like a good and inexpensive unit. So I don't really need a low pressure drop as I was told previously ?
This Hayden is bigger than the coolers I was looking at .

Or you could run this bad boy!
I have one installed and is routed thru the radiator cooler tank too....never have had any temperature problems.

Attachments

• trans cooler.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 185
That's the one dave husek recommends. It's a nice piece and not crazy expensive.

Or you could run this bad boy!
I have one installed and is routed thru the radiator cooler tank too....never have had any temperature problems.

Nice install too! I likes .

That's the one dave husek recommends. It's a nice piece and not crazy expensive.

I had previously posted a similar heating issue and Dave Husek told me to use a Tru Cool LPD cooler . Her said specifically "LPD"
But this Hayden is bigger than the ones I was looking at so I might just go with the Hayden .
Also.. How do you guys wire up a fan to the cooler if I wanted to add it ? What wires go to where and the best location to place this cooler/fan. I have a FMIC so I have to work around it .

Depends on where your mounting it, in direct air flow? then bigger is always better..
If you have a FM intercooler and need to re-locate it from the grill then get one with a fan.
Plate style is more efficient and durable then tube/fin, Any cooler above 15000 btu's will work good, if your in a hotter part of the country id go with 20,000 and above...Run it through the radiator first then cooler then back to the trans.

Also a trans temp gauge will help monitor.

Has anyone ever tried to mount the cooler in place of the stock inter cooler ? Since I have a frontmont .. I can utilize the stock location IC shroud and get air from underneath the car to the cooler? It would have to be something custom but you get the picture . Can it be possible ? Or is it to close to the engine because it will be too hot . I still have the engine pulley fan. That can maybe also help? Just thinking of options of where to mount it .

Btw.. I went with the Hayden unit. I read good feed back about it .

Has anyone ever tried to mount the cooler in place of the stock inter cooler ? Since I have a frontmont .. I can utilize the stock location IC shroud and get air from underneath the car to the cooler? It would have to be something custom but you get the picture . Can it be possible ? Or is it to close to the engine because it will be too hot . I still have the engine pulley fan. That can maybe also help? Just thinking of options of where to mount it .

Btw.. I went with the Hayden unit. I read good feed back about it .

Mine are mounted between the 2 front air dams where the stock location ic scoop use to pull air, you could prob get away with it between the FM and the radiator if the cooler doesn't have a fan but I wouldn't put it in the engine bay near the pulley fan..

Mine are mounted between the 2 front air dams where the stock location ic scoop use to pull air, you could prob get away with it between the FM and the radiator if the cooler doesn't have a fan but I wouldn't put it in the engine bay near the pulley fan..

So you had the cooler laying down between the air dams ? I was thinking about that . That will work . But I'm also leaning towards a fan but I don't know what I should get if I do decide . Decisions decisions...

So you had the cooler laying down between the air dams ? I was thinking about that . That will work . But I'm also leaning towards a fan but I don't know what I should get if I do decide . Decisions decisions...

Yes it works, mounted horizontal with the ground, I didn't take pics yet but others have done it also..

Yes it works, mounted horizontal with the ground, I didn't take pics yet but others have done it also..

Great! I think I can fab it up to make it work laying down . Thanks v6sleeper