Best Transbrake?

Vader 87

Licensed
Which one is the best here...im looking into getting one and i have a stock tranny w/a D5 conv. My buddy has one and i like it but dont whats good or bad. Thanks

Originally posted by Vader 87
Which one is the best here...im looking into getting one and i have a stock tranny w/a D5 conv. My buddy has one and i like it but dont whats good or bad. Thanks

There are basically only two..First is the mechanical type that you use by holding the shifter in 1st. Mallender (now defunct) invented these and I think Ramchargers are now selling a similar version. Works fairly well, inexpensive; probably not good if you're a bracket racer or have a hard core car.

The second is a solenoid activated, electrical trans brake; Bruce Toelle makes this and calls it the "Bat Brake"..I never saw the Batmobile do a wheels up launch but whadda I know? ;) This is the serious unit and the price is higher to reflect it.

Vader..... Do some research on this. Find out "exactly" how they work. Find out What parts are affected and why. Do not let price effect your decision. Once you discover how they work ( what each style does) your decision will be easy......

Joey B, Lonnie, Eric Schertz or I will , at any time , discuss with you the hows and whys of the BAT BRAKE, What it does , and how it works. The above 4 people will and can help you 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, with support and on hands experiance with the product. I am inviting you to call or email about the other ones that are out there. Will anybody be able to give you support AFTER the sale or installation thereof ? Do they actually know how it works and what is affected and to direct if any problems should arise? These are the questions you need to ask. Another point that is overlooked with the Bat Brake is you get the pan also so you get a brake, more clean cool fluid, and the best pickup, non cavatating filter set up, on the market and Use of decompression manual low. For more in depth understanding of how and why the Bat Brake works, please contact any of the guys mentioned above or me directly.
Hope this didn't sound too bias but I want you to not only feel comfortable with what you purchase but understand why and how it works. I just want you to research .......:)
Ask Cal Hartline about the operational differences. He is no tech but he has used both I know.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com