BEST STOCK LOCATION SHIFTER, PICS?

NOONG

Turbo= it sucks and blows like a great woman
Thinking about going the racket shifter route and wondering what you guys have done and what would you do if you could do it over? Any fitment issues?

NY Twin Turbo

All the good stuff.....Times 2.
Any one you install, it's a "make it up as you go along" job.

And you can make it look as nice as you want it to, if you have the detail skills and patients to go that far.

But there is no one set of instructions for a TR install on any of them.

I drew an image in my brain. Then I made it look that way. It was a bitch.

SCOOBY DOO

Stock Junk Rules!
Leave the stock shifter in it...put it in D...and let it do its thing. Mod the governor to get the trans to shift at the desired RPM.

pacecarta

MAGNA
Staff member
B+M quicksilver ratchet ,
remove front floor bracket , bolt it to floor , make a hole for cable , little trimming under console plate and top plate drops right back on
DSC05791.JPG

NOONG

Turbo= it sucks and blows like a great woman
Thanks fellas with your impute we decided to go with the B&M and we will see how it fits. Want to fit into the stock console.

Attachments

Coach

Bo ran away with my goat :(
SHIFTER1.jpg
SHIFTER2.jpg

Thanks fellas with your impute we decided to go with the B&M and we will see how it fits. Want to fit into the stock console.
That’s a tough one to do. The Reverse Lock out lever and the arched gate plate won’t let it sit below the stock console plate. It will need cut.
I made my plate years and years ago.

jbrouse

Magna member
View attachment 322281 View attachment 322282

That’s a tough one to do. The Reverse Lock out lever and the arched gate plate won’t let it sit below the stock console plate. It will need cut.
I made my plate years and years ago.
Coach, did you have to cut the console to mount the shifter that way? I was thinking of fabbing a new top plate and mounting the shifter on top to avoid hacking the stock console. I did that years ago with the old BM street stick and regretted it immediately. Luckily I traded the whole setup for a mint stocker and changed it back. I really like the way that looks slightly recessed.

Coach

Bo ran away with my goat :(
Coach, did you have to cut the console to mount the shifter that way? I was thinking of fabbing a new top plate and mounting the shifter on top to avoid hacking the stock console. I did that years ago with the old BM street stick and regretted it immediately. Luckily I traded the whole setup for a mint stocker and changed it back. I really like the way that looks slightly recessed.
Yes, I had to butcher it up. I bought a damaged console and restored it. It looks way better then when I started. The saving grace now is....you can buy a reproduction piece now, and cut it.
Aftermarket shifters are a pain in the ass to put in these cars. I have had a design on my drawing board for a few years to help this, but it just doesnt work without chopping up the console.
I just sold that entire set up at Richard Clark's in May. I no longer own it.