Best place to order a replacement non universal tranny TV cable?

Nick, its for a 1986 brf rebuilt with hardened drum, Kevlar bands, corvette servo and redline clutches. Its going into an 87 gn. 2800 stall PTC convertor.

Nick, its for a 1986 brf rebuilt with hardened drum, Kevlar bands, corvette servo and redline clutches. Its going into an 87 gn. 2800 stall PTC convertor.

Highway stars, nos4gn sells the best fitting correct TV cable. I think Dave Husek as some as well. New that is.

Highway Stars had a problem with theirs and I don't think they even sell one anymore. Stick to an original as Nick suggested.

Thanks guys. I have the old one still on the car with the original tranny. The tranny shifts in all gears, unless you floor it, then it slips. The rpms go up and the tranny stays in the gears its in. I put some Lucas treatment in it and it was great for a week. If you drive it normal you wouldn't be able to tell it was bad. I noticed that if you floor it and quickly let off, it shifts. If I tighten the TV cable or loosen it it gets worse. There is an area of adjustment where it works best, but still not right.

I got a rebuilt 86 brf tranny from a Freind, and would like to put it in with a new TV cable, and adjust it so that I don't burn up the tranny. Sometimes the cables get old and brittle and so I'd like to start with a good cable to go with this tranny that was just rebuilt. I figured, why risk it.

Thanks guys. I have the old one still on the car with the original tranny. The tranny shifts in all gears, unless you floor it, then it slips. The rpms go up and the tranny stays in the gears its in. I put some Lucas treatment in it and it was great for a week. If you drive it normal you wouldn't be able to tell it was bad. I noticed that if you floor it and quickly let off, it shifts. If I tighten the TV cable or loosen it it gets worse. There is an area of adjustment where it works best, but still not right.

I got a rebuilt 86 brf tranny from a Freind, and would like to put it in with a new TV cable, and adjust it so that I don't burn up the tranny. Sometimes the cables get old and brittle and so I'd like to start with a good cable to go with this tranny that was just rebuilt. I figured, why risk it.

Nick, you are correct, originals fit is the best. As far as new cables go, highwaystars latest cable, parts made offshore but assembled in the USA.

It is correct that highway stars older cables had there problems, but the new ones have been corrected and work just like OEM. And they are available.

It sounds like the op problem isn't a cable issue anyway, I hope you get it worked out.

Nick, you are correct, originals fit is the best. As far as new cables go, highwaystars latest cable, parts made offshore but assembled in the USA.

It is correct that highway stars older cables had there problems, but the new ones have been corrected and work just like OEM. And they are available.
Is there a link to this cable? I've spent 15 minutes all over the highwaystars.net site and checked all the seemingly relevant sections under Buick but found nothing. There also doesn't appear to be a site search. I'm interested to know the price and what's all included.

EDIT: I found a TV cable grommet in the Transmission section, but no cable...

Is there a link to this cable? I've spent 15 minutes all over the highwaystars.net site and checked all the seemingly relevant sections under Buick but found nothing.

The way Glen's site works is that when a part is out of stock it will not be shown on the web site. A bit different then many other sites, but at least you can't order a part that is not in stock.

RemoveBeforeFlight