best place to buy a thdp

87 we4 gray t

looks like everyone perfers the houston downpipe over the atr and meese. where abouts is the best place to buy a thdp? thanks

pretty sure everyone that has them is selling them for the same price. got mine from ramchargers.:D

I have read of problems in the past with ATR's dp. I thought they had taken care of it. As far as the Mease pipe, I have not heard a negative word about their piece. I opted to get in on their recent group purchase. I have not installed it yet, but it looks like a quality pipe to me. I think you could get any of the three downpipes, and be happy.

I prefer the Mease pipe over the THDP and I actually do own both of them.

Just my .02. :)

Both are excellent pipes.

I'm a lil biased since I've worked with Keith....but.. I do own a Buick and don't like putting crap parts on it....

Keith's pipe has a water-jet cut flange so there is no warpage during the machining process. The wastegate puck is essentially the largest you can run and is made out of inconnel, the shaft doesn't bind, his latest revision of the pipe is more straight and has less bends which promotes slightly better flow characteristics then previous designs, the quality in the welds and workmanship are text-book perfect...whereas Terry's and ATR's welds look like booger jobs on every pipe I've seen from them, whether it was for a Buick, a Typhoon, among others...

and... Keith's pipe is very well priced.

He is right now a two-man fabrication shop, but the quality of what he makes is second to none in this market for what other products I've seen.

At the moment, one of his customer's cars is almost done, a proposed 1000rwhp twin-turbo Impala SS, using the first two of Innovatives new Mini-Gates.. they're cute even :p ... should be booty-full :D

but hey, like I said, I'm a bit biased :cool:

Get a new stock location intercooler from him too, then tell him to make you a good deal on the new parts. ;)

Actually tell him to make me a good deal on those cool new headers he is making. :cool:

Get the down pipe polished too. :)

Add me to the list...........................Mease downpipes rock!!!!! Don't agree with
looks like everyone perfers the houston downpipe over the atr and meese

Jason

I just found that out.
Just found out about this message board a couple of days ago.

I am one to believe that everyone has an opinion and should voice there sides, but when I read and see someone badmouth something I get upset. I understand the Mease pipe is good but I have prior to Mease purchased and installed 100's of Terry Houston pipes and looked at each and did not see any ( BOOGER WELDS ) as stated above. I understand you should promote your product and advise on it also but to come out and badger something because you do not sell it is childish. Maybe someone needs new glasses??? I can say one good thing the Mease pipe is very nice and his intercoolers are nice also, but the TH DWNPIPE is also nice I would recommend both for a downpipe.

Paul