best place for vehicle history report ?

BMS1

I read a thread where some members did not feel carfax was not accurate when checking a vehicle history report on a vin#.

If you do not know previous owners of the car, where do you go to get the true mileage and vehicle history? if you are not a insurance agent.

Can you call your agent and ask them for vehicle history report? Even though you pay for their services, I doubt they would want to get bombarded with this kind of stuff when you are looking to buy a car, and narrowing down to 1 car. I not even sure if they are obligated to tell you.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

CARFAX----- NOT!

I am currently in litigation with carfax, they failed to reveal very critical information on a car I purchased.
They are making excuses, and as of yet, have not made any offer, just continue to ask for more documentation.
I finally had to retain an attorney. ( now ad in legal fee's)
so...........use caution !!

Who else to use?? I really don't know.

cruzn57

Why so many people place such faith in Carfax puzzles me. Just for fun I ran the VIN of my totaled 86 GN. The car had also been wrecked by a previous owner, which I discovered while parting the car. Report came back clean as a whistle.