Best new time

Justin Terry

Went to the track yesterday nite. First time on slicks nd race gas.
I ran 4 times the best time being.
60 ft.- 1.81 brakes will not hold more than 4 lbs of boost before sliding and I had to much air in the slicks so it spun alittle.
1/8th- 7.59 with 20 lbs of boost no knock
mph- 95 good I guess
I need to do some brake upgrades very soon so I can launch like a mofo. What do yall suggest I do. Everything is stock on the brakes I think. I know with a better launch and 5 more lbs of boost I can get a 7.00 or 7.10's out of it.

I found with a tight posi like ours its sometimes hard to get the rear drums adjusted good because you can't feel correct shoe drag when turning the wheels. Here's what I did. Pulled the wheels and drums and inspected the wear pattern on the shoes and with a mask on took some sand paper to knock the glaze off the shoes then reinstalled and adjusted the shoes where I felt a slight drag and drove the car for a couple days then pulled the wheels/drums again to see the wear pattern and I was able to adjust tighter w/o encountering too much drag and had a much better brake pedal feel and more boost holding ability. Plus it was free :) You may need to turn your drums if they have a lip on them.

Give that a try and see if it helps. I now have a wear pattern across about 95% of the shoes now.

Thanks
I have an old Boling Green Customs catalog are they still in buisness and if they are do the still have the same phone numbers and stuff. I was thinking of buying their 11 inch drum brake upgrade. Anyone know how that works.

Justin,
It was nice to meet you last night at the track.. Looks like you got another run in after we ran.. Congrats on the time... Your car is pulling real hard on the top end.. 95 in the 1/8th is moving..

I don't think BGC is in business anymore.. Might want to look elsewhere..
See ya..

Thanks man nice to meet you to. Sorry about redlighting on you so bad. I will try to find those brakes else where.