best driveshaft safety loop?

DR. EVIL

THE DARKSIDE
I would like to get a safety loop tomorrow online. What do you guys think is the best way to go? I have found a couple for sale so far online...

Ramchargers safety loop - $40
BMR (www.ls1speed.com) - $64.99
Metco - $53

Any others, I want the best for the money, I don't want to spend a lot if possible, and dont want to do any fabrication...

Thanks!

Has anyone tried the one that Poston's sells? I belive it was designed by Duttewiller(sp?). It's around $38. Anybody??

Donnie

Driveshaft Loop

My friend has the Duttewiller loop. It had to modify it alittle bit.
When a passenger got in the driveshaft has hitting the bottom of the loop. U have to take alittle of the bottom of the loop so it does not hit. The best is the metco...:)

Ignorant question here...

With the Metco loop, do you have to disconnect the driveshaft to install it?

Thanks,

YES YOU DO HAVE TO DISCONNECT THE DRIVESHAFT WHICH IS NOT REALLY A BIG JOB BUT I MUST AGREE THE METCO WAS A PERFECT FIT AND IT COMES POWDERCOATED RED AND INCLUDED THE HARDWARE WHICH I BELIEVE WAS GRADE 8

Whats the web address for metco? I tried www.metco.com & I promise you thats not it..try it for yourself & see..couple of us on here could probaby benifit from this mod..hehehe
Brian

so what you guys are saying is.....Metco?????

LOL, j/k $44 sounds pretty good to me. I have the driveshaft out of the car right now anyways awaiting my new tranny from Bruce as PT anyways! Thanks!

Metco. Nice, well designed. With the red powder coat, makes you wish it could be mounted where it could be seen. my .02

Yep! METCO! I've tried some other ones and they just smacked against the driveshaft on big bumps or hard launches. METCO doesn't hit. Fits and looks great. It's pretty easy to drop the driveshaft. Don't need to pull it out of the transmission. Just drop it down enough to slip it over into place. Then put in the 4 bolts.

To all who posted about it, thanks for the install info. I've done head gaskets and axle replacement on my TR, so this shouldn't be too scary - yet I still worry I'm gonna break something (all thumbs!).

I just went to cottons site and it say the driveshaft loop is made by them(cottons). let us know if you buy cottons and if it is a metco

Originally posted by jetmech
I just went to cottons site and it say the driveshaft loop is made by them(cottons). let us know if you buy cottons and if it is a metco
i ordered my ds loop from cottons and got the metco. if you are unsure, just ask them when you call and order.