Best drag race pads for stock calipers?

J Banning

Quench my thirst with C16
I'm looking for the best brake pads to use with the stock Turbo Regal front calipers. Something that will work good right off the trailer (i.e.: cold brakes). This will be on a 9 second Buick that will only see a max of 2,000 miles of combined track/street use a year.

I'm well aware of all the other disc/caliper choices available. For now though, I'd just like to know what my options are in regards to the pads for a stock caliper.

Thanks,
-Banning.

Right now I am in the same boat as you. So I am looking at the Raybestos
SSD154 Severe Duty Pads.....Superstops.

I just installed a set of US BRAKE 2 3/4 PISTON METRIC CALPERS and raybestos ceramic pads ,it REALLYYYYY helped my car brake more evenly since i am useing big rear wheel cylinders ,no more loseing control in wet weather due to rear brakes locking up and car come to a stop sooner,I have vacume brakes ....check summit catalog

I just installed a set of US BRAKE 2 3/4 PISTON METRIC CALPERS and raybestos ceramic pads ,it REALLYYYYY helped my car brake more evenly since i am useing big rear wheel cylinders ,no more loseing control in wet weather due to rear brakes locking up and car come to a stop sooner,I have vacume brakes ....check summit catalog

Hey Snowbird. J Banning is asking about STOCK Calipers....

I ended up going with the Hawk HP Plus pads from Summit.

Part #: HWK-HB119N-594
Price: $68

I'll post up results in a few weeks.

J Banning said:
I ended up going with the Hawk HP Plus pads from Summit.

Part #: HWK-HB119N-594
Price: $68

I'll post up results in a few weeks.

How are the brakes?

Hey Snowbird. J Banning is asking about STOCK Calipers....

Joe, I'm in the middle of swapping out to Powerslot rotors with Hawk HPS pads...with the stock calipers. I'll let you know how they work at the track very shortly.;)

I put on Hawk HPS pads, rebuilt stock calipers, and classic tube stainless braided brake lines on my car. The brakes work really good now.

Craig

I was told many times over that braided brake lines were worthless. They don't do anything. Is this true? Normal brake hose is just as good unless it's rotted. What say you?

Even if normal brake lines are "just as good" eventually you will have to replace them again.if your replacing them why not do it once and be done with it?

How often are you replacing brake hoses? If they last 20 years a piece, a new set of rubbers will outlast the car, or driver, unless the car's made of stainless or the driver's 18 lol.

Put the stainless on and be done. Pedal feel is waaay better..no downsides. Get the Russel kit

Put the stainless on and be done. Pedal feel is waaay better..no downsides. Get the Russel kit
I second that, defiantly made a difference in all of my cars & truck. It only makes sense for these cars with they're rather outdated design.