Best cell phone to go with?

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
The wife and I are going to be looking into new cell phones come tax return time.

Right now we have Sprint and we're not happy anymore...the reception is poor plus we want to start having more features like unlimited texting, unlimited long distance, and of course the very best reception you can get. And we want the most bang for the buck.

We weren't sure if we should go with T mobile or Verizon Wireless or what have you....what all do you use?

What type of phone do you want? Smartphone? Featurephone? Basicphone?

I have an Omnia from Verzion, the phone is almost free nowadays and you need a data plan.

I guess just a basic phone...I don't need one with a camera on it or anything like that. But the phone I have now came free as long as I did a 2 year contract with Sprint. I think why it was free was because it's not all that great of a phone...it gets the job done but I think it's sort of like the Chevy Vega of phones....I think had I actually bought a phone in addition to the contract it might get better reception, etc.

Find out what provider gives the best coverage and check out their phones.

All phones should get about the same reception no matter the cost, usually reception is based on how well you're covered.

Just stick with name brands, Nokia, LG, Samsung, maybe Motorolla.......

A few dollars more might be a good thing too. Get a phone that works best for you.

Phones cycle out so fast, it's hard to keep up with what is good. :(

I like..

The Samsung Eternity from AT&T. Walmart has the phone for 18 dollars with a new 2 year plan. Nice super slim phone that takes great pixs too! Plus, I love the roll over minutes that AT&T gives you. You paid for them so... you don't lose them:biggrin:

iPhone for me. A friend of mine got one and I couldn't take it anymore. I had to have one.

Copy paste, Three way calling while on the internet, GPS, texting, ETC.... Iphone rocks!!!

This phone rocks. I do allot of traveling and have not found an area that does not have reception. I had verizon for 12 years, so far I am very happy with AT&t.

Even though the iPhone is nice, it's still way too expensive (to buy and to use). :eek: It's too "gadgety" and after a while, you end up using only one or two of it's "special" features. It might have a built in gps in it, but you can buy a Garmin gps, plus a more conventional cell phone for less than what an iPhone costs... so no real savings there...Let's not forget that a cell phone's main purpose is to make phone calls !!...I prefer keeping it simple with my basic model cell phone that gets the job done every time. :) I'm not saying that it's bad...just too many useless gadgets that if bought separately, still cost less than an iPhone...:rolleyes:

The wife and I are going to be looking into new cell phones come tax return time.

Right now we have Sprint and we're not happy anymore...the reception is poor plus we want to start having more features like unlimited texting, unlimited long distance, and of course the very best reception you can get. And we want the most bang for the buck.

We weren't sure if we should go with T mobile or Verizon Wireless or what have you....what all do you use?

Where are you located in Missouri? My son works for Sprint in Ofallon.
Yes there are BIG differences in reception from different models of phones on the same network. I am on Sprint as well and had HORRIBLE reception from 2 different Samsung phones. I currently have a Blackberry and it is rock solid. I have traveled in 26 states and have not had any issues with Sprints coverage. If you choose to stay with Sprint I can put you in touch with my son if you would like.

Bryan

iphone!

then again i dont call anyone, but when i did it was just as good as anything else out there, gotta say though "reception" is the least of my concerns when getting something

My wife and I both have iphoneGS 32 gig models. They are great but, not the super awesome, world saving devices that the apple commercials make you think they are. When we picked ours out, the sales guy told us when they stop responding, just press the two buttons and reboot the phone. I thought, wow, what a piece of crap. I used to reboot my windows 98 box when it crashed. I have had two upgrades that kill all of my non-apples apps. They just don't launch anymore. This forces me to wipe the phone out to factory configs and start over.

It does some very neat things. I use the gps when performing large scale wireless audits, along with the compass. I turn it into a file server and share files off it it via wireless. I have even imaged a workstation up to it via g4u.

Motorola Droid and Verizon.

By the time you learn how to use it the upgrade time will be there and you can get something even more complicated to use. :biggrin:

Great screen and resolution, I can even see it... almost. :p

I just got a motorola CLIQ, with internet and all teh bells and whistles :D. I can download all types of useless stuff, and do just about anything with it. OP I had a Razor and Razor2 and they were'nt too bad overall, they might be good options for you since you dont want anything to high tech. I have Tmoblie BTW

As far as service....They all suck

As far as phones.... I have a Blackberry curve.. My fingers flub up the tiny keypad when texting. I also dislike that it wont stay in speakerphone all the time. it reverts back. I prefer speaker phone when driving but you need both hands to get it into speaker mode. NOT GOOD when your hands should be on the wheel.

Verizon HTC Eris right now is one of the best phones out there.. Its an Android platform phone running on the best and biggest 3G Network, Verizonwireless. Verizon will be deploying the fastest 4G or LTE network next year in New Jersey, and certain other markets which will smoke the competition. 10 to 15 Megabits per second which will allow simultaneous phone to phone video- what does that mean? Well, James Bond phone which will basically show crystal clear video, while talking to one another anywhere, anytime. Its coming...

Back to the HTC Eris I own:
I have the internet on it, excellent camera/video quality and is able to send 5Megapixel pictures immediately to any facebook, picture hosting website, etc.

Not to mention- Google Voice Search for just about anything- and Google GPS with tracking- and a host of kool very helpful Apps. Savyshopper- can scan any UPC label and give you the best price from all stores in your local GPS area. I used it a lot for shopping for kids toys, and it worked perfectly. Shows the price even on Amazon too, if its on the internet, it will compare.

You can just click on anyones phone number with one touch/one hand- and dial with ease. This phone is excellent for car shows, family pictures, youtube video, etc etc- And easy if you're driving, can use voice calling. No touch needed.

Verizon HTC Eris- Awesome, yet very useful versatile Android Smartphone. Best phone I ever owned...