Best Bang for the buck stock mount IC?

FromaBuick6

When will it end?
O.K. You got Mease, you got Cottons, (IC and a half), you got CAS, (if you can find em), and you got Thunder Fab. Which one is going to give you dollar for dollar more for your money? O.K. I plunk down $900 for a Mease, when the Thunder Fab is only $670, am I going to run SO MUCH FASTER with the MPE IC that I go "Wow! I'm glad I spent the extra $230 for it". Or is it more likely that I get the Thunder unit and go, "Wow, I may be running 1/10 slower, but I saved $230!" Whattaya think? - FAB6

I think your front mount would probably be sufficient. ;)

I have the stretch Mease, 2 core stocker, on one car and have no reason to upgrade to a new core INTTR or thunder fab. unit I don't think.

I did upgrade to the stretch from a big neck stocker.

Lots of people would pay the $230 for .1 sec., if true. :D

I bought the Mease because I got such a deal on it and Keith installed it for cheap.

Bought the V4 for the other car because it was the coolest thing out there at the time and I had a great job.

:cool:

Decisions

Well, as far as the FMIC thing goes I love the IC itself, but I'm willing to go back to a stock mount to get that extra 5 degrees of A/C efficiency this summer. Please, no one tell me to do this or that for colder A/C, I've done it all! There is just no way around it, you either give up some go fast for that 5 degrees or you live with slightly warmer A/C, I need it COLD! Back to the stock mount thing, I guess what I'm getting at is that it dosen't seem clear. There is no clear cut answer I suppose, yeah the Mease IC looks beautiful and runs good, but is it worth the extra $230 over the Thunder unit? Is the Mease neck SO MUCH better than the Thunder unit to justify the extra $$$. I guess it all depends on who you talk too. - FAB6

depends....

depends on how fast you plan on going with the car.

Also take into account that our monster 24 row sits HIGHER in the car as compared to the tunder frab intercooler, also shroud is much better designed, as well as the entire intercooler unit itself, you pay for quality, if you want a cheap intercooler, wait about 3 weeks and we'll be introducing a 21-22 row intercooler for @$700 possibly cheaper;) :cool:

IMO, keep your FM. For $1,000 you can either:

Move North (it's 10 F here this morning, and surprise, there's plenty of room)

Carry a huge block of ice in your car during the summer...

:D

Out of the choices you gave, Thunder Fab's ICs are sharp pieces, TWICE the size of the stocker! They actually FIT out of the box! No bumping or rattling on swaybar! Shroud fits first time, no need to take an ax to the airdams! Great customer service! Got mine in 3 days!

Like Red Armstong says, if you need an IC more than DOUBLE the size of the stocker, then you really DO need a FM. :)

Who are these thunder fab guys?

I have never heard of them.

What is the difference between that one and Mease's?