Recomendation for my next mod. Best bang for the buck.

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Looking for my next mod. Not going crazy with it. No local tracks so I can't test it. Many folks have recomended an alky kit as my next mod. I know there will be a ton of recomendations. What will give me the best bang for the buck?

42.5lbs injectors,
Turbotweak chip,
3" downpipe
Hooker dual exhaust,
Cold air intake kit
Casper's hot wire kit
Voltage booster
Walboro 255 fuel pump

Got a scanmaster? How about an Adjustable fuel pressure regulator? Gauges?

alky + matching TT chip, will cost a good penny, but you won't be sorry! Crank the boost up to a safe 22#'s and let her scream!!!

Boost controller + alky so its easier to crank up the boost or back it down. Adj fuel press regulator might help to baseline it at 42psi line off for the TT chip.

Yes I have the Adj FP reg, scanmaster and gaueges. Sounds like i'm gonna be an alky-holic. Thank fo the input.

I agree FP regulator, alky would be great and so would an intercooler.

I had a set of drag radial on an old car. It was almost a death sentence in the rain. Like I said.....no track. No tracky no racey.

Looking for my next mod.

42.5lbs injectors,
Turbotweak chip,
3" downpipe
Hooker dual exhaust,
Cold air intake kit
Casper's hot wire kit
Voltage booster
Walboro 255 fuel pump

If you have these upgrades now but all else is stock, I would recommend porting/machining the turbo housings and the required tuning afterwards, I'm talking "Porting", not polishing some shine or opening up the wastegate opening, doing so reduces the backpressure substantionally which WILL require you to richen WOT fuel mixtures, the rewards can be very suprising, even by "butt-crack dyno" feelings, good luck.

Kevin.

If you have a stock intercooler the Dutt neck mod is hard to beat for the money invested. You can likely get the neck and get it welded on for under $100 and that should be good for 2 tenths or so with no down sides at all.

More power and regular tires can be a death sentence as well. If you aren't racing it, why bother modding it more?

All about stop light to stop light and seat of the pants feel. I like the power to be there when I put the foot down. If I didnt want power and just cared about the looks, I would buy a super nice hot air car. :cool: