Best 90's era performance sedan

robertmee

Thinking of retiring my truck to hauling duty (every day driver now) and moving back to a car for DD duties.

Considering reliability (most important) and performance (next most important) with a little luxury and cool factor thrown in, what are some 90 era cars I should look at?

Some I know about:

SS Impala
SSeI Bonneville
Merc Marauder
GS Buick
GS400 Lexus
500 series Mercedes
BMW 7 Class

Any of these or others capable in the 0-60 in 6 to 7 second range, 13 to 14s 1/4 with or without bolt ons required? Like to stay in the 10 to 15K range in price.

Bought my first Subaru a while back. I have 5 American collector cars, but will never own any other daily driver than a Subaru. Look at a Subaru WRX, or SVX. Turbo charged and All-wheel drive!!! 30 miles per gallon and serious traction and speed. The WRX comes in a 4-door and the SVX is a sportier 2 door. I am picking up a new Legacy GTi later this summer. I forgot, they run for 300,000 miles and are pretty cheap to fix, esp compared to Lexus and Mercury.

Coach

The WRX didnt come out until 02 in the US though.....

There was a 2.2L Turbo legacy in the early 90's though.

Ford T-Bird Supercoupe
The 93's ran real hard especially with a manual.
I had an 89 Cougar with a 5 speed and it ran 14 psi of boost stock and 14.8 in the quarter.4200lbs with me in the car.
Plus they will out handle a GN any day of the weak due to IRS and ABS.

Bought my first Subaru a while back. I have 5 American collector cars, but will never own any other daily driver than a Subaru. Look at a Subaru WRX, or SVX. Turbo charged and All-wheel drive!!! 30 miles per gallon and serious traction and speed. The WRX comes in a 4-door and the SVX is a sportier 2 door. I am picking up a new Legacy GTi later this summer. I forgot, they run for 300,000 miles and are pretty cheap to fix, esp compared to Lexus and Mercury.

Coach

They are all ugly as sin though!!! I'd love 2 have a subie, but can't bring myself to buy something so ugly. It's like the old fat chick/moped joke. Someone needs to slap the design department around at subaru.

I had a 92 Bonneville S/C, great car. Sold it at 240000 miles and it still ran great.

I would go for the impala SS. They are great cars. the marauder would be my second pic.