E-mail from GM

gn4u2c

Yes Its fast no you can't
I assume its because I'm on the mailing list. Anyway I always buy GM cars/trucks.

I received the following email this morning.

Thank you for being a GM customer.

There's been a lot of discussion about the auto industry over the past few weeks, and I want to make sure you know the facts about GM. This is important because with all the media coverage of late about our company and industry, it is evident that there is much misinformation and many very dated perceptions being communicated.

The truth and the facts are always helpful. First, we're building our best cars and trucks ever, and we're committed to being the best car company on the planet.

Take a closer look at Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, GMC, Saturn, HUMMER, Saab and Cadillac. You'll be surprised.

Our vehicles are more fuel efficient.

* 19 of our 2009 models have an EPA estimated 30 MPG highway or better — more than Toyota, more than Honda

* For 2009, we offer more hybrid choices than any other manufacturer. We currently have six hybrids, by mid-2009 we will introduce three more, and by 2012 we will offer 15 hybrid models

* 11 of our last 13 new-product introductions have been fuel-efficient cars or crossovers. This trend will continue with 22 of our next 24 new-product introductions

Higher quality.

* We back our quality with the Best Coverage in America:
A 100,000-Mile/5-Year Transferable Powertrain Limited Warranty.1 Plus, Roadside Assistance1 and Courtesy Transportation Programs.1 This coverage is superior to Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Ford. We believe in our quality and reliability, and we back it up!

* The 2008 Chevy Malibu and Chevy Silverado were the "Highest Ranked Midsize Car and Large Pickup in Initial Quality" according to J.D. Power and Associates

Safe.

* 37 of our 2009 models have five-star frontal crash safety ratings3

* We offer the safety and security of OnStar,4 including Automatic Crash Response,5 OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics6 and Turn-by-Turn Navigation.7 Not Honda. Not Toyota. Not Ford. Not Chrysler. Not Nissan. Not Dodge

The proof is on the road today.

Chevy

* The Cobalt XFE offers an EPA estimated 37 MPG highway. More than Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic DX

* The Malibu offers an EPA estimated 33 MPG highway, which is better than Toyota Camry LE or Honda Accord

* The Traverse offers the best highway fuel economy of any eight-passenger crossover,10 an EPA estimated 24 MPG highway. It has more interior space than Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

* The Silverado is Car and Driver's Best Pickup 2 years running.11
The Silverado XFE offers an EPA estimated 21 MPG highway. No other large pickup beats it. Not Ford. Not Dodge. Nobody.

Buick • Pontiac • GMC

* The eight-passenger Buick Enclave crossover is quieter than
Lexus RX 350.13 And with an EPA estimated 24 MPG highway, it gets better highway gas mileage than Lexus RX 350 and Acura MDX

* The Pontiac G5 XFE offers an EPA estimated 37 MPG highway. More than Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic DX

* The GMC Sierra XFE offers an EPA estimated 21 MPG highway. No other large pickup offers better highway mileage. Not Toyota. Nobody.

Saturn

* The AURA midsize sedan offers best-in-class16 highway fuel economy. Its EPA estimated 33 MPG highway beats Toyota Camry LE and Honda Accord

* The VUE Hybrid has the best highway fuel economy in its segment:18 an EPA estimated 32 MPG

Cadillac • Saab • HUMMER

* The Cadillac CTS is a 2009 "Best Resale Value" Award winner from Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com.19 It is one of Car and Driver's 2009 10Best. And it was also selected a top safety pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety

* The Cadillac Escalade Hybrid eight-passenger luxury SUV offers an EPA estimated 20 MPG city. Better than a 2008 MINI Cooper S Convertible with automatic transmission

* The Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan, SportCombi and Convertible have earned the 2009 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's "Top Safety Pick" award in the midsize category for the third straight year

* The HUMMER H3 has a lower annual fuel cost than Nissan Pathfinder

And our future looks even brighter.

* The upcoming Chevy Volt (expected launch date late 2010) represents a fundamental reinvention of the American automobile industry. The Volt will deliver up to 40 miles24 on a single electrical charge, well within the daily commute of nearly 80% of Americans. It represents a giant step toward energy independence

* GM will also continue to invest in hydrogen fuel cell technology, which is capable of reducing automobile tailpipe emissions to non-polluting water vapor. Already, GM has deployed 90 Chevy Equinox compact SUVs to people in what constitutes the world's largest market test fleet of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles

All made by GM. Surprised?

Here's something else amazing: the Red Tag Sales Event,25 which continues through January 5, 2009. The price on the tag is the price you pay. See some red, save some green.

It's a smart time to buy GM. Visit gm.com for more surprising reasons why.

Sincerely,

Mark LaNeve

i received the same e-mail too, ive been buying cars from GM since 1978 and wont buy any more since they wont honor extended warranties . only time they service your car for free is when its a recall. im glad BILL TURD (HEARD) chevy isnt around anymore .

i received the same e-mail too, ive been buying cars from GM since 1978 and wont buy any more since they wont honor extended warranties . only time they service your car for free is when its a recall. im glad BILL TURD (HEARD) chevy isnt around anymore .

Marvin,

I don't know if this will help you or not, but there's a sign in front of the dealer (can't think of the name this early in the morning) that says they honor the Heard warranties. You should check into it. It's the one directly across from the power company on Sahara near Jones (they're on the corner of Sahara and Bronco).