Bent axle or bent axle tube?

stephaned

How can I see the difference between a bent axle or bent axle tube? I do see my drum wobbling and it is well fitted not loose.

My rear end is completely stock.

If I need a new axle Is this all my mechanic will need to do the job?

Another question do you know a place in Canada or US that could ship an axel? maybe from a sponser of this forum (USPS if shipped US to Canada) thanks a lot guys

Where are you located? A Stock Axle is easy to replace. It's to find a used one near you.

Joe

How can I see the difference between a bent axle or bent axle tube? I do see my drum wobbling and it is well fitted not loose.

My rear end is completely stock.

If I need a new axle Is this all my mechanic will need to do the job?

Another question do you know a place in Canada or US that could ship an axel? maybe from a sponser of this forum (USPS if shipped US to Canada) thanks a lot guys

Did anyone try pulling the axle out? If the tube is bent its real hard to get the axle out and impossible to get back in. My housing had a bent tube on the right side. I had a buddy of mine set up the rear end and he had someone that repaired the housing. I had to slide hammer the axle out of the housing. it caused lots of problems. tore up the axle bearing and the carrier bearings pretty good. I would order the moser axles in stead of putting stock axles back in it. good luck

I had to get both of my Moser axles straightened. So its possible. As far as shipping to canada im sure any vendor would send a set or one no problem

If it wobbles it's the axle not the tube.

Think about it if the tube was bent you wouldn't see it wobble the wheel would just be at an angle.

Get some Mosers if the axle is bent. Also order a clutch pack for $100 (probably get that local) & do it all while its apart.