Before Black BS'ing thread.

I agree 100% I have the feeling that the high inlet vacuum of the turbo is an indication of too little CFM. I think if I can adjust the CFMs I can find the sweet spot between the extremes and have amazing streetablity.

I have a feeling were gonna rock the SFI boys.

A.j.

I agree 100% I have the feeling that the high inlet vacuum of the turbo is an indication of too little CFM. I think if I can adjust the CFMs I can find the sweet spot between the extremes and have amazing streetablity.

I have a feeling were gonna rock the SFI boys.

A.j.

Your carb might be the restriction or the plenum Aj. I have a feeling when you get the TTA inducer and plenum you'll see how much of a difference there is between the two. At that point you will need the added CFM for sure. That's one of the reasons I'm planning on opening up the V6 plenum. that way the carb is the only restriction before the turbo.

thats a good point, and I have considered doing away with the stock plenum all together. I have high hopes for the 301 unit now.

A.j.

LOL Toldja it was the best design to go with. Switching to the 52mm wheel and a bigger plenum will increase the flow to the engine so it should get you to the magic number of 400+.

well im still kinda leary on the compressor..... i hate that damn 90 on the foot! but im willing to give it a shot, im feeling wicked froggy on this stock 90* foot housing, but the bigger wheel is going to make serious difference.

I am dying to get my 6152 on top ... cause i know thats going to be my rocket launcher, But I think I found a problem.... I got off the phone with a buddy who heard me running around a few days ago, and pointed something out to me that has me concerned.

Im going to fill up the tank with some 100LL tonight and see what happens.

I will fill you in as soon as I get a few laps done.

A.j.

Give me a call or text if you need some help Aj. What kind of problem?

Ignition..........

my buddy said when I passed by it sounded like i was crackling lightly on the top..... well i have been holding my top to about 5700 before shifting. My cam will go about 6300.

I think I found the RPM limit of the stock 5 pin HEI module.

and sadly..... this is one thing we have no support for. nobody makes an aftermarket 5 pin HEI module.

SOOOOO this alone might make my ESC box insufficent for my predicted rpm levels.

what to do now.... :frown: if this is indeed the case, all of the ignition parts I have been chasing for so long may be a moot point. I might experment with a 7 pin HEI module and see if I can use the ESC box with it. need to bust out my electronics degree and get to it!

A.j.

A.j.

Ahh Curse that 7 pin module!!! That thing cost me plenty in HG's and headache and missing time.
4 pin all the way!!!!

Well it turns out that if you're still using the stock weights and springs on the centrifical advance you may be having a spark scatter Aj. I left you a voicemail. It turns out that the factory design gets unstable at high RPM so you might want to change it and see what happens. This may be all you need.

LOL...

sorry I didnt call you charlie...... I umm..... got a little to excited in the heat of battle and left my phone on the hood and went out for some laps. it wasnt until I did a 5lb foot brake launch did I see it go flying. el-smash-o to my phone.

LOL

definitly an ignition problem at any RPM over say 55-5700. It may be spark scatter, but I had the dizzy re weighted when i puked the bottom out of the NA block.

I go to 32 total, and run at around 14 inital.

I did get ahold of a Mallory Unitlite........ Hmmm......... now how to make it work with ESC box....

A.j.

LOL YOu'll have a few text messages from me when you get a new one then. I think you may want to look into which pins can be used on the 7 pin modual. I've been looking at a complete MSD system with knock retard in it. You're making me think I need to keep the puter controls instead of switching to the earlier design.

well all in all i think the factory ESC box is becoming a looser.

its hard to use, parts are obsolite, its excessivly sensative, and more just a fail safe, doesent really help you prevent detonation.... just minimizes it when it occurs.

soooo I have to say im gonna sell mine to sombody who it will be better suited for.

im upgrading to the unilite and a full on BTM 6.

:rolleyes:A.j.

You might wnat to look at an MSD 7 series box Aj. If I remember right they have a knock retard capability. It would be basically like running the stock system with more power.

Tha I have been looking into indeed.... but that price tag is on the ol heavy side ya know?

LOL

so far, we have hit problem number 2 in the carb turbo power quest,

compressor and ignition.

so whats next?

A.j.

If no one wants anything else off the 83 ttype I have access to tomorrow will be the last day I get anything from it as far as interior items. Please send a pm if there is anything you want me to grab. I may get a few things but I won't be pulling anything that takes too much effort.

AAAAAAAND speaking of b4black cars, a 79 I was looking at years back in a field has turned up in town. The guy wants 600 for it but man its rough. Needs paint, interior work/ major cleaning, a tail light, headlight bezel, some light body work. I'm sure motor and trans needs gone through. But its all there except the hubcaps but who knows they could be in the trunk. It's got cruise, rear defrost, column shift, vynil top, power windows, power seat, and aluminum bumper braces. I never got around to doing a full exam but the floors didn't look bad. I don't hink it had an aluminum core support cause it was painted black. The car looks baby blue with baby blue interior but it was so faded and dirty it was hard to tell. I dont' think it would cost much to restore but there is a lot of work to be done. Just throwing it out there in case anyone nearby wants to take on a major project;) I'd like to save them all but like said before, they'd have to be given to me:rolleyes:

Tha I have been looking into indeed.... but that price tag is on the ol heavy side ya know?

LOL

so far, we have hit problem number 2 in the carb turbo power quest,

compressor and ignition.

so whats next?

A.j.

How about the 'I'm gonna watch it blow" syndrome? LOL I'm not gonna argue with you on the cost of the MSD stuff but if it can get the engine to the next level and not cost as much as an SFI set up then I say go for it. Look on evilbay and you may get lucky Aj. I keep looking but don't have the time to keep up with everything.

If no one wants anything else off the 83 ttype I have access to tomorrow will be the last day I get anything from it as far as interior items. Please send a pm if there is anything you want me to grab. I may get a few things but I won't be pulling anything that takes too much effort.

AAAAAAAND speaking of b4black cars, a 79 I was looking at years back in a field has turned up in town. The guy wants 600 for it but man its rough. Needs paint, interior work/ major cleaning, a tail light, headlight bezel, some light body work. I'm sure motor and trans needs gone through. But its all there except the hubcaps but who knows they could be in the trunk. It's got cruise, rear defrost, column shift, vynil top, power windows, power seat, and aluminum bumper braces. I never got around to doing a full exam but the floors didn't look bad. I don't hink it had an aluminum core support cause it was painted black. The car looks baby blue with baby blue interior but it was so faded and dirty it was hard to tell. I dont' think it would cost much to restore but there is a lot of work to be done. Just throwing it out there in case anyone nearby wants to take on a major project;) I'd like to save them all but like said before, they'd have to be given to me:rolleyes:

I know you'd just love to take that car home but your wife would kill you so fast I don't think the blood would be cold first.:biggrin: Maybe one fo the other guys can take her home.:confused:

Ok im back in buisness..... got my new phone yesterday.

Alll better....

A.j.

Is it the same number Aj? I gotta work from 1200 to 2230 tomorow.:mad: On a brighter note I met the Bergers tonight and Jerry SR is going to see if he can do the mods to the inducer housing for me. Had a good visit with all of them and you'd love to come visit. More turbo cars than you can hit with a bat.:eek: Jerry Jr may be the one to test the headers first. They're so close and since that's the case I think I may let them try it first.:biggrin: